Website Montage International
This Job Listing is about Montage International in San Diego, CA 2022
About the job
Live Your Passion. Add Your Magic.
At Montage International, we are doing something different, something exciting and it takes passionate people to bring our vision to life. We have built a culture that leads with the important notion we live by every day; do what you love. If this resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application.
We welcome applicants with disabilities and provide reasonable accommodations as needed to our applicants. Please discuss with our hiring managers during our selection processes.
The Pool House Host position will primarily greet and assist Guests in a positive, welcoming and professional manner. The Host will anticipate guests’ needs, and respond appropriately with a sense of urgency. They will also maintain a proactive approach to solving any guest’s questions or problems. Finally, the Host will bid farewell to guests, using their name when known, and encourage them to return to the establishment.
Job duties include; although are not limited to:
- Consistently following Food & Beverage sequence of service utilizing all proper procedures standardized by venue managers and chefs
- Assisting in providing analytical support and decision making tools to leadership team to help exceed desired business results
- Working as a team and effectively communicating with management, chef and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other Associates
- Greeting and seating guests and controlling the flow of guests coming into the restaurant, bar and lounge while under pressure.
- Answering telephones and directing calls where necessary
- Overseeing daily restaurant reservations, pre-assigning seating where necessary, and communicating with management, service staff and chefs and special guest needs, requests, and VIPS
- Previous hotel or restaurant experience preferred
- Must be have strong communication skills and ability to multi-task is required
- Must be able to read and write in English proficiently
- Ability to follow directions well, make quick decisions, and keep organized while under pressure
- Previous exposure to high volume restaurant environment preferred
- Basic computer skills and experience with computer based reservations systems preferred
- Must be able to operate a multi-line telephone
- Must have a positive attitude, be self-motivated, polite, energetic and a willing learner
Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks. Must be physically able to lift and carry heavy trays and equipment as well as delicate china and glassware. Up to 50 lbs. Also, you must be physically able to walk without assistance on various surfaces for an extended period of time. This position requires manual dexterity, grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, and climbing.
In the United States we are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Company: Montage International
Vacancy Type: Part-time · Associate
Job Location: San Diego, CA
Application Deadline: N/A