This Job Listing is about Derivco in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa 2022
About the job
Employment Type: Permanent
We are trailblazers. We are innovative. We have technology running in our veins. Do we tick your boxes? Do you want to play a part in taking gaming technology to the next level? If yes, we’re looking for you!
This is your opportunity to be part of the leading software house in the online gaming world. In our space, passionate, innovative and incredibly awesome teams create the best technology in the field, and each day is a chance to level up.
Human Resources Business Partner
As one of SA’s leading tech firms we know that our people are the driving force behind our tech and innovations. To help take care of the best people in the game, we need partners to guide us in making the right decisions to make this the best place to work at. Do you want to partner with us? Do you want to be Derivco’s next Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP)? If yes, read on.
As our next HRBP you will need to partner with the business, working closely with leaders to enhance business performance and manage risk by providing sound, timely, consistent and business focused advice and coaching across all HR functional areas. You will also need to operationally support the delivery of strategic people initiatives and tools to the business as well as undertake a wide range of other people related support processes and activities
In this role you’d find your days filled with catchups and strategy sessions to help guide and assist the business leaders in making decisions related to people in their business units. You will also attend relevant HR and Business Unit specific meetings with the intention to contribute, collaborate and influence as well as be involved in various initiatives running in the business related to its people.
- Guide and assist managers with any necessary investigations regarding Operational issues, as required
- Highlight any issues you identify that need to be addressed
- Ensure knowledge of Labour legislation is kept up to date
- Ensure processes are followed in-line with legislative requirements, and matters are dealt with timeously
- Identify OD issues – including team and individual issues eg performance; cultural; communication; leadership
- Act as Change Agent when required and Implement and coordinate any initiatives that are derived from above
- Monitor and provide feedback on any behavioural or business practice concerns.
- Develop or source appropriate interventions to monitor, improve organization/team or individual effectiveness
- Develop HR Strategic Plan for Business area and ensure that it is aligned with the strategy
- Ensure retention of top talent through various initiatives and programs
- Ensure Key man reliance is identified and managed
- Develop and maintain a succession plan for Business Area
- Encourage all employees have a relevant PDP in place
- Encourage participation of employee engagement surveys, and drive relevant initiatives identified from the results
- Refer employees to the Employee Assistance Program, when required
- Employee wellness
- Drive Talent review process in BU and outcomes from this process
Training and Development
- Identify training needs and work with Talent Development to coordinate and /or meet these needs
- Work with Business unit budget to meet requirements where applicable
- Facilitate and/or coordinate workshops where required
- Drive Leadership development within the Business Area
- Develop Training Plan for Business Area
- Coach relevant parties when required
- Send BU PDP’s through to Talent Development team for Talent needs
Remuneration, Reward and Recognition
- Work with Remuneration specialist to implement fair and consistent remuneration practices and ensure governance through the application thereof
- Understand the basic principles of reward practices and ensure consistency of application throughout the business unit
- Understand the benefits structures offered by the company
- Understand the mechanisms of recognition within the business and assist in their application
- Facilitate annual events (eg annual increases, bonus
- Recruitment and Selection Work with Talent Acquisition to we attract top talent
- Prepare job spec and work with Acquisition to advertise accordingly both internally and externally
- Screen CV’s and Conduct competency based interviews; make recommendations on best-fit candidates
- Conduct 30, 60 and 90 day check in’s with new employees
- Prepare and maintain job profiles when necessary
- Work with management to resolve any performance issues that arise
- Facilitate Performance Improvement Plans
- Provide guidance and support to managers and employees
- Ensure fair, clear and consistent processes are followed
- Facilitate and drive the Continuous Performance Improvement process
- Continuous evaluation of Performance Processes, and recommend enhancements if required
- 3 years of HRBP experience
- Relevant Degree or Diploma in HR
- Good knowledge of all relevant legislation (LRA; BCE; OHSA; EEA; SDA)
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to build strategic working relationships
- Client focus and service orientation
- MS Office skills must be good (Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Outlook)
Chances like these don’t come by often so don’t miss out – send Derivco your CV today!
Who is Derivco?
As the leading software development house in the online gaming world, we design, develop, illustrate, and animate the industry’s most trailblazing technology. Driven by technology, at our heart are our people. While we might be in the business of innovation, our success depends on their success. As such we seek out individuals who are inspired, motivated, and empowered to achieve greatness every day. In other words, people like you. Because, at Derivco, we believe that everyone has a role to play in making us the best gaming tech company in the world.
We would like to retain your details on a confidential basis for future reference in case a suitable opportunity arises. We know that you care how we use information about you, and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly. If you would rather not have your details kept on file, please simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove them.
Are you ready to take your seat amongst the best? Apply now!
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A