Website University of Minnesota
This Job Listing is about University of Minnesota in Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul Area 2022
About the job
Interested in an opportunity to learn and develop as an HR Professional? The University of Minnesota seeks an HR Coordinator to join its human resources team within University Finance. The HR Coordinator provides administrative support including assisting with staffing activities, creating accurate documentation for a variety of human resource actions, record-keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry, and payroll. Additionally, this position contributes to process improvements for HR services and important initiatives and projects. This position reports to the human resources director.
Ideal candidates demonstrate a desire to advance their knowledge of human resources as a profession. Strong attention to detail, the ability to interact with assertive personalities with tact and diplomacy, organizational aptitude, a well-developed sense of urgency, professional decorum, and an unwavering ability to maintain confidentiality are essential to being successful in this role.
Salary Range: $50,000 – $62,000, DOQ
- Opportunity for growth through an environment that supports professional development.
- MN State Retirement System (MSRS) pension plan – tax-deferred.
- 13 paid vacation days per year (starting accrual rate), in addition to 13 paid sick days and 11 paid holidays.
- Reduced tuition opportunities covering 75% – 100% of eligible tuition.
- Excellent and affordable health care benefits.
- Wellness program with the opportunity to earn lower health care rates.
- Annual merit increase program.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Primary payroll administrator.
- Ensure data integrity in HRIS (Peoplesoft), spreadsheets, and other systems of all HR-related transactions.
- Review payroll transactions for accuracy and proactively address concerns with staff and management to ensure accurate payroll.
- Serve as the primary FMLA administrator, using strong discretion and sensitivity in consulting on leave requests.
- Act as a point of contact for new hires and lead HR onboarding meetings around I9, payroll, benefits, and other important information.
- Maintain records of staffing activity and ensure leadership is informed of position statuses.
- Provide administrative support, including preparing materials for searches, scheduling interviews, and placing job advertisements.
- Collaborate with leadership on various projects and initiatives including supporting the University’s goal of creating a positive and inclusive campus climate for all by advancing equity and diversity.
- Coordinate the student hiring process. Work directly with management to develop, classify and post jobs and process hires.
- Query, analyze and validate data from various sources and generate reports.
Required Qualifications (please document on the resume):
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business, or other related field or a combination of related education and/or work experience to equal four years.
- Ability to effectively handle and prioritize multiple tasks, frequent interruptions, and details with accuracy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excels with attention to detail and organization.
Working at the University
At the University of Minnesota, you’ll find a flexible work environment and supportive colleagues who are interested in lifelong learning. We prioritize work-life balance, allowing you to invest in the future of your career and in your life outside of work.
The University also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive wages, paid holidays, and generous time off
- Continuous learning opportunities through professional training and degree-seeking programs supported by the Regents Scholarship
- Low-cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- University HSA contributions
- Disability and employer-paid life insurance
- Employee wellbeing program
- Excellent retirement plans with employer contribution
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) opportunity
- Financial counseling services
- Employee Assistance Program with eight sessions of counseling at no cost
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
Please note: All employees at the University of Minnesota are required to comply with the University’s Administrative Policy: COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Protocol by either providing proof of being fully vaccinated on their first day of employment, or complete a request for an exemption for medical exemption or religious reasons. To learn more please visit: https://safe-campus.umn.edueturn-campus/get-the-vax
Company: University of Minnesota
Vacancy Type: $50,000/yr – $62,000/yr · Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul Area
Application Deadline: N/A