Website Global Health Corps
This work as a career listing is about Global Health Corps in Lilongwe, Central Region, Malawi, Malawi 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
Global Health Corps
Since 2009, Global Health Corps (GHC) has built a network of 1150+ next gen leaders committed to transforming health systems. Through a robust fellowship and alumni program, GHC seeds the health sector with innovative and resilient young leaders and invests in them to grow and drive systems change across their careers. GHC serves as a critical talent pipeline for its partners, an entry point to global health for non-clinical leaders who join as fellows, and a leadership accelerator for alumni and their networks. GHC leaders are concentrated in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, and the U.S., but the network has a truly global reach across 40+ countries and 450+ health organizations.
For more information, visit our website or find us on Facebook and Twitter.
We seek a detail-oriented, creative problem-solver with strong analytical skills who will work closely with GHC program staff to assist with a range of monitoring, evaluation, data analysis, and reporting projects. The intern will provide cross-team support to ensure that our internal systems and databases function optimally. The role of the Impact intern will assist the Community Impact Team in the collection, cleaning, analysis, and management of the data as well as capturing lessons learned and impact from our alumni and fellow programs.
Duration: Six months
- Clean and prepare survey data for analysis and analyze quantitative data and support the preparation of presentations of data for programmatic learning
- Support in the development and documentation of Standard Operating Procedures for data collection, analysis, and presentation for learning and impact reporting
- Pull data reports from Salesforce and Survey Monkey, as needed for program review, and analyze and present data for the team, as needed.
- Supporting training needs assessment, and documenting SOPs/instruction manuals for SF training for staff
- Support the rollout of the GHC data collection through focus group discussions and in-depth interviews by sending invites, confirming attendance of target participants, and supporting day-of registration and related follow-ups.
- Support the transcription, organization, and analysis of qualitative data from GHC fellows, alumni, and partners
- Support in organizing and contributing to a knowledge management system for our evolving internal alumni team
* Please note: Actual responsibilities may change based on the team’s needs
- Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative data collection methods
- Experience with data entry, management, and reporting and proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Flexibility and enthusiasm for problem-solving; willing to do tedious work at times to ensure project success
- Excellent attention to detail and a strong work ethic; ability to prioritize tasks and deliver high-quality products.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral); particularly experience in distilling and communicating processes or systems for learning
- Experience leading meetings, groups, volunteer committees, team projects, etc., particularly in developing agendas and session content and/or executing events
- Willingness to continually improve technical and analytical competencies and desire to learn and grow professionally as part of a team
- Interest in global health, leadership development, and health workforce development; ability to embrace Global Health Corps values.
- Preferred, but not required:
- Knowledge of statistical concepts and methods, indicator measurement, testing, and evaluation procedures
- Experience conducting program evaluations or research
- Experience using Salesforce or another CRM
How to apply
If this opportunity speaks to you, please apply with 1) a cover letter that explains why Global Health Corps’ work excites you and why this role is a fit for you, and 2) your resume. We review applications on a rolling basis and strive to get back to applicants within two weeks.
Global Health Corps is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, or other characteristics or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
We embrace and value diverse skill sets and backgrounds. We are a community of leaders who are proud to represent many different national, racial, ethnic, socio-economic, religious, gender, and other identities. We represent varied professional backgrounds, collaborating across fields and sectors to form a powerful, close-knit network of changemakers. Our diversity as a community is our strength, driving our ability to be empathetic, visionary, and effective leaders in the health equity movement, and engage with the world with dignity and respect.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Company: Global Health Corps
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Lilongwe, Central Region, Malawi, Malawi
Application Deadline: N/A