Website United Nations Population Fund UNFPA
This work as a career listing is about United Nations Population Fund UNFPA in JohannesburgMetropolitanArea 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
About the job
Within the context of declining financial resources, increasingly complex political, economic and humanitarian challenges, and the need to deliver high quality rights-based results within the Agenda 2030 environment, the Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Office has developed a framework for strengthening UNFPA’s efficiency, effectiveness and presence in the region. The framework sets out a new structure to ensure more effective support to middle-income countries, increased operational efficiency throughout the region, strengthened coordination and support for preparedness and resilience-building in humanitarian contexts, and enhanced resource mobilization capacities. The structure will be operationalized through the Regional Operations Shared Service Center (ROSSC) which will consolidate core operational functions in procurement, finance, ICT, HR and administration. It is intended that COs will be able to reduce operational staffing levels and cost by obtaining operations service support from the service center. The Service Center will have the capacity to provide services across all 4 functions to the 21 countries in the region in varying degrees based on the operational capacities that exist in each office.
The Regional Operations Service Center (ROSSC) will be responsible for procurement including development and publication of RFPs, RFQs and ITBs. It will provide support to COs on CRC submissions and provide oversight on local procurement activities. The ROSSC will provide procure-to-pay services across BUs; Provide oversight and support to HACT quality control on assurance activities and IP capacity building and support audit preparations. In coordination with HQ, the ROSSC will lead the Regional support to COs on all UN reforms (BOS – R.BOS – CBO),
The ROSSC will support COs in recruitment and IT technical advice, working with other RO units to ensure CO are fully aware and use all innovative tools developed within the region.
Given the exceptional complexity, breadth, reach and volume of the ROSSC portfolio and the challenges inherent in operational support both for middle income countries and the Eastern and South Africa Region as a whole, UNFPA has established the position of International Operations Manager at P-4 level to reinforce the vision, leadership and direction of the ROSSC’s Operations Team with a focus on middle-income countries with limited staff capacities and oversight for the wider region.
The key results have an impact on the overall economy, efficiency and effectiveness of Country offices operations, and the functioning of the UNFPA in line with commonly adopted practices as it relates to the use of corporate resources in the following areas:
- Financial Services
- Human Resources
- Procurement and Logistical and supply chain Services
- Common Services and the implementation of the UN agenda (BOS – R.BOS – CBO – Others)
Qualifications and Experience:
Advanced university degree/ Master’s Degree in finance and public/business administration, public policy or other relevant social sciences.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in development in a governmental, multilateral or civil society organization in a multi-cultural setting, including 3 or more years of senior-level management responsibilities in a challenging and complex organizational setting;
- Excellent management and leadership skills with the ability to build strong relationships with clients, focus on impact and result, and responds positively to feedback;
- Solid knowledge in financial and human resources management, contract, asset and procurement, information and communication technology, and general administration;
- Ability to lead business process re-engineering, to implement new systems, and to positively affect staff behavioral/attitudinal changes;
- Demonstrates knowledge sharing orientation, and ability to mentor and coach staff;
- Demonstrates effective team building and leadership, and conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting, formulation and monitoring of projects/programmes;
- Initiative, strong conceptual abilities; sound judgment, strong interest in development work, especially the mission of UNFPA; and dedication to the principles of the United Nations
- Fluency in English is required (both verbal and written).
- Working knowledge of French is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in current office software applications. Excellent knowledge of Excel.
Company: United Nations Population Fund UNFPA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: JohannesburgMetropolitanArea
Application Deadline: N/A