Do you aim to have a dynamic impact on the world?
Are you up for creating solutions and solving tomorrow’s problems today?
Then we have the opportunity for you!
We are looking to hire an ICQA Area Manager to be part of our fulfillment center Inventory Control and Quality Assurance (ICQA) team. Our fulfillment centers sit at the heart of Amazon’s rapidly growing operations network: they are where we manage our fast-moving inventory. In each fulfillment center, our teams stow deliveries, pick products, package them up and ship them out; each of these groups have played their part in taking us where we are today.
These fulfillment centers are fast-paced and high reward environments, where adherence to policies and procedures is key. We need the right type of leader to ensure that we deliver as reliably as ever to our customers, while making sure our teams deliver on customer obsession.
Lead and supervise a team of hourly associates in Inventory Control/Quality Assurance operations within the fulfillment center:
- Support safety programs and compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates
- Coordinate inventory control maintenance and random counts in accordance with network count strategies, ensuring compliance and consistency with SOX
- Measure quality, inventory integrity, and accuracy while providing proactive feedback to the operations management team
- Conduct shift planning and forecasting, alongside assigning and directing work
- Plan for and identify root causes of inventory deviation, via cause and effect analysis
- Support network-wide fulfilment & operations-focused quality initiatives
- Review and analyse customer complaints and process defect data, followed by development of corresponding action plans to reduce future incidents
- Drive process improvements and develop team members’ ability to keep pace with our rapid growth, while motivating others and reducing employee turnover
- Appraise the performance of team members; developing, rewarding and coaching employees
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or equivalent qualification
- Demonstrated solid proficiency in time management skills, alongside confidence in organising vast amounts of data
- Resilient, focused problem solver and self-starter, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a complex, occasionally ambiguous environment
- Proven ability to influence, with varying levels of seniority within an organisation
- Previous experience in inventory placement and optimisation
- Fluent user of the entire MS Office suite, especially Excel; MS Access experience is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in the local language and in English
- Strong analytical abilities, including proficient mathematical and data analysis skills, inventory topography optimization
- Able to swiftly pick up new software systems and data analysis tools
- Experience with Lean and Six Sigma methodologies and techniques
- Expert in data mining and data preparation