This work as a career listing is about Deriv in Kigali, Kigali City, Rwanda 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
This position is open to junior, mid-level, and senior candidates.
About The Role
Without you, our business stops! Why? Our 1,000+ workstations (90% Mac, 10% Linux), our on-premise servers (OpenStack/Debian), and our state-of-the-art network infrastructure (Fortigate/Aruba) that are based across 4 continents depend on you to be kept in top shape.
Your expertise ensures that our 950+ team members are set up for success now and in the future because they have the technology they need to perform at their best.
As we want to stay at the forefront of technology, IT always takes a prime seat in our company, so you have the chance to indulge your passion for research and development, exploring cutting-edge technologies, SaaS applications, hardware, and all the cool equipment that appears on the horizon.
What will you be doing?
- Configure, monitor, and maintain our IT infrastructure to ensure it runs smoothly and securely and stays future-proof.
- Utilise our mobile device management (MDM) technology to manage the software and configuration of all computer systems across our global offices.
- Work together with your colleagues from the Security, Disaster Recovery, Incident Management and Identity and Access Management (IAM) teams to ensure that the zero-trust model is applied to all aspects of the business and business continuity is guaranteed at all times.
- Participate in the onboarding process of the new employees by providing the required tools, technology, and training when needed.
- Ensure that we engage with the right hardware, software, and SaaS vendors to find the best solution for any given situation.
- Work together with your team, other departments, and vendors to address technical issues and day-to-day IT needs across our global offices.
Our tech stack
- Fortigate and Aruba
- Kandji, FileWave
- macOS, Linux, and Windows
- AWS/Google Cloud
- Experience in troubleshooting computer software, hardware, and internet applications and networks
- Experience in firewall appliances such as Fortigate or similar devices (e.g. Cisco, Pfsense)
- Knowledge of Mac or Linux technologies and associated security features
- Firm grasp of VPN concepts and experience in setting up site-to-site networks
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- A diploma or degree in computer science or information technology or relevant experience in the field of IT operations/administration
- Hands-on experience with building high-end custom machines
- Experience with commissioning on-premises IT infrastructure in new and existing offices
- Experience with sound engineering
- Experience in end-user device security audit and policy implementation
- Market-based salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Casual dress code
- Training sessions and webinars to help you advance your career
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kigali, Kigali City, Rwanda
Application Deadline: N/A