This work as a career listing is about Barclays in Glasgow,Scotland,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
About the job
As a Barclays Application Developer, you will be part of the Finance Store Platform under Data Management Technologies (DMT). You will be building the components which provide the infrastructure required for the platform and end tools for Reporting users. You will be working with other developers locally, as well as other teams in London, New York, Prague and India. As a part of the role you will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies such as Scala, Hadoop, Hbase, AWS, Hive.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is open to flexible working arrangements. Such as working from home, flexible or compressed hours, and part-time options. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process.
What will you be doing?
- Working as a software engineer with a focus on Java
- Troubleshooting QA, UAT, production and performance issues; identifying root cause and options for optimisation
- Incorporating of non-functional requirements increasing maintainability and reliability; thus reducing technical debt
- Conducting regular code reviews and providing / receiving constructive feedback across the team
- Working with RTB to guide through production issues and proactively help with system stability and performance etc.
- Working collaboratively with global (UK, India and US) delivery teams
- Ensuring project documentation is maintained as per project/firm standards
- Actively working with development teams and team leads on product development, best practices and automation
What We’re Looking For
- Hands on experience of Core Java 7/8 or C# (But also willing to work on Java and Big Data stack)
- Testing and mocking frameworks, e.g. JUnit, Mockito, PowerMocks, Cucumber
- Development tools such as: IntelliJ IDEA, Maven, TeamCity, Jira, GIT, Junit
- Test Driven / Trunk Based Development / Continuous Integration and Deployment
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Good communication skills – e.g. giving demos, documentation and tutorials
- Commitment to meet project timelines
- Good knowledge of software development using agile methodologies
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art campus, right in the heart of Glasgow. It is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one – by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it is a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glasgow,Scotland,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A