Website DSV - Global Transport and Logistics
This Job Listing is about DSV Global Transport and Logistics in Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa 2022
About the job
DSV – Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world’s 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers’ entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 90 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Location: Silverton, Pretoria, Silverton
Job Posting Title: Logistics Engineer, Operations
Time Type: Full Time
Main Purpose Of The Role
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying, analyzing, and implementing continuous improvement initiatives in all areas of the operation. Included but not limited to receiving, warehousing and line supply operations of the material handling activities.
Essential – Industrial Engineering Degree, B-Eng Degree or B-Tech from a recognized institution (No diploma)
Computer Level & Skills
- Advanced level
- MS Visio – Intermediate
- AutoCad – Intermediate
- 2+ years industrial engineering experience including project management, in a contract logistics environment or similar;
- Proven track record of implementing Continuous Improvement Projects (Implementation, group facilitation, advanced communication, planning, execution & control).
Other Minimum Requirements
- Ability to work extended hours (supporting of 24hr operation)
- Own vehicle & Valid license
- Ability to work under pressure & adapt to change
Added Advantages For This Role
- Experience in the Automotive Industry (OEM or Tier 1 Supplier experience)
- Negotiation skills & relationship management – client and / or supplier
- Sound knowledge of Material Handling Equipment (MHE)
- Operational experience and the ability to work independently
- Knowledge of ERP/WMS/Systems Integration will be beneficial
- Member of an Engineering Council or registered as an engineer will be advantageous
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible and accountable for implementation of CIP through related studies and other methodologies (5S, Lean, TOC, etc.)
- Initiatives may include, but are not limited to: receiving, binning, picking, kitting, sequencing, slotting, design, planning, scheduling, benchmarking, team problem solving, layout design, measurement and improvement of KPI’s, automation and process flow improvement.
- Actively contributes to initiatives and monitors quantitative benefits of changes
- Evaluates and analyses data, processes and material flow
- Implements initiatives and monitors quantitative benefits of changes
- Develops business cases for financial investments where required, including ROI calculations, quantified value, productivity improvements, etc.
- Documents and communicates project timelines, milestones and objectives.
- Conducts training sessions and assists in coaching of employees on Lean and Problem Solving principles
Additional Job Information
- Team player
- Well presented (meeting with clients and suppliers)
- Deadline driven and can work with little supervision to achieve objectives
- Organized with structured approach
- High attention to detail and quality of work
Disclaimer: Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should an external candidate not hear from us within four (4) weeks following their application, they should consider their application unsuccessful. Strictly fair and non-discriminatory selection procedures will be followed. We use Affirmative Action (AA) measures in an endeavor to redress the disadvantages in employment experienced by designated groups. Where possible, preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act and in line with DSV’s Employment Equity plans. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
Company: DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A