Website Metso Outotec
This Job Listing is about Metso Outotec in Vereeniging, Gauteng, South Africa 2022
About the job
Would you like to take this opportunity to influence the industry towards a more responsible use of the world’s natural resources?
As a newly combined company Metso Outotec creates a unique workplace. Combining the strengths of two companies we offer stronger platform for growth and innovation.
This is your opportunity to join the positive change.
Job posting end date: 22 April 2022
A position has become available for a Logistics Specialist based in Centurion, South Africa
As a Logistics Specialist, you will be supporting and managing project logistics deliveries in line with project schedule and budget by collaborating successfully with project teams, customers, suppliers, and external stakeholders. In this role you have the key role in managing the project logistics together with the global logistics team through daily operational tasks.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Plan, manage and coordinate transportation and forwarding services to ensure orders are delivered as per scheduled and executed in accordance with project specific contractual requirements and corporate processes and guidelines.
- Plan and arrange transport of out of gauge shipments (import, export and cross trade)
- Recommend optimal transport modes, routes and frequency.
- Selecting and purchasing logistics services according to corporate sourcing rules.
- Communicate effectively with clients and responding to their requirements.
- Track and trace shipments and communicate with clients about shipments progress.
- Handle claims with insurance companies if any shipment problems happen to occur.
- Manage all import and export related logistics administration processes, including customs clearance.
- Monitoring and reporting deviations to logistics budget and project delivery schedule
- Achieve the overall logistics budgets and KPIs (OTA & OTD).
- Supporting L/C invoicing and documentation, whenever applicable
- Ensure SMM and other systems are updated accordingly.
- Managing shipping and transportation schedules according to project delivery schedule and maintaining project specific Logistics Plans.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and identify inefficiencies and cost optimization opportunities.
- Manage non project related shipments.
- Working proactively with various departments to realize efficiencies and manage expectations.
- Ensure timely processing and payment of vendor invoices.
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints concerning transportation, logistics systems, import & exports, or customer issues.
- Report directly to the Senior Manager Operational Logistics.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL INTERFACES
- Internal and external stakeholders
Qualifications & Experience
- Matric (Grade 12)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in logistics and project business
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Experience in road freight into Africa will be an advantage (DRC, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana, etc).
- Solid business and industry understanding
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Drivers’ License
- Own Transport
- Capable to perform work without supervision
- Computer Literate
- Knowledge of SAP will be an advantage.
Skills And Abilities
- Understanding the principles of supplier interactions.
- A self-motivated individual with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good communication, co-operation and interpersonal skills
- Analytical & Conceptual thinking (incl. process)
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- SP business understanding
- Customer understanding
- ERP systems
- Detail understanding of quotation and order fulfillment processes.
- Fluent verbal and written English
- Understanding of Sales terms and conditions
- Good understanding of warehousing & transportation
- Work organization skills
- Understanding of Incoterms and transportation agreement handling
Please note that, should you not receive any response from us within 14 days, please regard your application as unsuccessful; we however thank you for your interest in our company. In Line with our EE Plan, previously disadvantaged candidates will be preferred.
Metso Outotec is a frontrunner in sustainable technologies, end-to-end solutions and services for the aggregates, minerals processing, metals refining and recycling industries globally. By improving our customers’ energy and water efficiency, increasing their productivity, and reducing environmental risks with our product and process expertise, we are the partner for positive change.
Metso Outotec is committed to limiting global warming to 1.5°C with Science Based Targets. We ranked 8th on the 2021 Global 100 list of the world’s most sustainable companies.
Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Metso Outotec employs over 15,000 people in more than 50 countries and its sales for 2020 were about EUR 3.9 billion. The company is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki. mogroup.com, twitter.com/metsooutotec
Company: Metso Outotec
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Vereeniging, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A