This Job Listing is about TotalEnergies in Sol Plaatjie, Northern Cape, South Africa 2022
About the job
Key Job Functions
- Assist customer fulfil the right principle of having the Right Lubricant, in the Right Place, at the Right Time, in the Right Quantity and at the Right Cleanliness level.
- Manage Total Change over procedure and update & assist to manage change over plan and manage lubricant equivalent compatibility
- Conduct Lubricant surveys and keep updated, introduction of new lubricant technologies, manage contamination control. Rationalize number of products use on the mine.
- Ensure that the product issued to customers is in an acceptable cleanliness level through correct filtration on site and management thereof. Take ongoing base line oil sample and liaise with LMP the ISO Cleanliness level of delivered product and feedback to customer. Achieving the agreed cleanliness levels for fuels and lubricants.
- Ensure the correct functioning of the bulk lubricant dispensing equipment (flow meters, nozzles, hose reels, pumps, tanks) and manage new requirements through engineering team. Update bulk dispensing equipment asset register.
- Ensure all customer bulk equipment is fitted with the proper signage ( Tank Product Labels, Bulk Product offloading labels, Hose reel labels, Service truck product labels)
- Ensure that there are Continuous Improvement Projects (CIPs) per site, and that these are agreed/approved by the customer. Are measureable, monitored and reported on regular basis to the customer.
- VIU (Value in Use Projects) Projects to assist the customer with the reduction in client’s total cost of ownership (TCO). – Continuous Improvement Projects (Lubricants) – Fuel Saving Lubricant products – Energy Saving projects – Equipment life extensions – Oil Life extension – Bio Degradable Products – Reduced safety risk – Higher Flash Point Products where needed. – Sight Glass with magnetic plug and reservoir – ISO Cleanliness improvement through Rear Earth magnets – Upselling high performance products and greases – Project and proof of performance – Re-lubrication interval optimization for site maintenance schedule – Sell add on products like ANAC oil analysis – Ensure that the number of second tier products replaced by Total products or more cost effective products.
- Equipment life extension (Co-operation with original equipment manufacturers/OEM’s).
- Target 10% buy-out at prospective mines through testing of superior niche products at higher margins.
- Do lubrication audits to highlight and track gaps, compared with Best in Class Practices guide customer to close the gaps. Highlight maintenance inefficiencies.
- To share lubrication and maintenance World Class best practices with the customer, the other Tribologist and the sales team
- Ensure Zero leakage philosophy (co-operation/synergy with filter, hose & seal suppliers).
- Responsible to track any product trial, take oil samples, interpret oil sample reports, discuss & feedback to mine engineers & maintenance, request dispensing equipment.
- Ensure that there is cost effective usage of lubricants by the customer through training
- Help with training and development of Customer Maintenance Personnel in lubricants. Total Product equivalents, Basic Lubrication, Grease, Premature Bearing Failure, Improving oil ISO Cleanliness, Oil sampling and analysis, Storage & handling.
- Highlight pricing, contract, stock issues to commercial team
- Prepare and present business review and KPIs, including asset management in the area of responsibility
- Assist in improving the profitability of the division through introduction of high margin specialized products.
- Assist in ensuring that used oil is collected and disposed of in a responsible manner.
- Identify and assist with Pollution and environmental control (ISO 14 000) at the customer site
- Ensure that there is performance deviation reporting to the customer and the sales team.
- Jointly responsible for Volume and margin targets of the commercial person in the same area
- Communicate and handle all product complaints at customer level and liaise with Product Support Technical Team. Do on site investigation in product complaint / failure. Assist with Lubricants Root Cause Failure analysis
- Communicate additional product development request to Product technical Support
Lubricants and Technical strategy
- To participate in developing the strategy to improve the current service offering by both Technical and the Specialist aimed at assisting TOTAL to improve the profitability of the accounts and customer service.
- To ensure constant adherence and compliance to company HSEQ and security standards, local by-laws, standards and legislation so as to minimise all risk pertaining to company assets and protection of life.
Context and environment
- The job involves the difficulty of changing maintenance cultures of the key users/maintenance foreman/engineers etc that have been developed over a long period, getting these technical people to accept that the practises are not correct, accept recommendations and in certain cases accept that their operating budgets will be reduced to show a saving.
- Technical qualification – Matric + National Diploma (T3 or BTech) in Mechanical engineering or equivalent –
- One of the following:
- 5 year experience in mechanical engineering / mining environment
- or 5 year experience in technical lubricants sales or lubricant technical support to mining customers and or similar experience.
- Comprehensive mechanical know-how of engines, transmission, hydraulic and or typical mining and or manufacturing equipment,
- Sound knowledge of fuel & lubricant specifications and in-depth knowledge of TSA and competitors’ products.
- Previous experience in mechanical maintenance, bulk lubrication equipment, and filtration would be a requirement.
- Management, Negotiation, Analytical thinking, and presentation skills and mining industry experience.
- The following would be advantageous:
- STLE – CLS certification or ICML – MLT1 & MLT2 or MLA1 & MLA2, Systematic Failure analysis, SAIT Lubrication Engineer
- Qualifications in Condition monitoring – Oil Analysis, Vibration Monitoring, Thermography.
General Services Responsibilit
Region, department, area
Experience Level Required
Minimum 6 years
TotalEnergies Marketing South Africa (Pty) Ltd
Marketing & Services
About Us / Company Profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental
standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by
100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Sol Plaatjie, Northern Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A