This Job Listing is about KONE in Umzumbe, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa 2022
About the job
As the world’s cities grow more complex, people’s need to move easily becomes even more important. Enabling urban flow requires talent and ambition. Together at KONE, we create the new urban reality. Your career is a journey, and how you travel makes a difference.
It’s time to make a move. Join our flow.
KONE South Africa is focused on growing business presence in the Natal Region, as success here will play an integral part in the overall success of KONE South Africa. To complement these growth plans, the service equipment side of the business is considered to be a strategic business objective.
Reporting directly to the Field Operations Manager, we are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Maintenance Supervisor to be based in our Durban office. In this role, you will lead a operational service delivery team that ensures that KONE always delivers on its commitments to our customers in a safe and timely manner and to the agreed high standard of quality.
A Maintenance Supervisor focusses on creating customer trust, value and loyalty and hence we are looking for somebody with a proven track record of being a go-getter and understands selling at its core. We need someone who has the ability to influence, is result driven and has a strong commercial acumen.
This is a unique opportunity to join a team of professionals who thrive to drive sales in the market. If you feel you have what it takes and can add significant value to this role and department then apply for this exciting opportunity!
Are you the one?
- Hold a Diploma or higher in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering;
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience in the relevant industry in a supervisory position;
- Experience in the elevator and escalator industry is a must;
- Effective leader and coach with the ability to motivate a successful team;
- Highly motivated, goal oriented, diligent, organized self-starter with an orientation towards a high level of customer service;
- Ability to work together as a team and promote a harmonious environment;
- Passion for Mechanical & Electrical vocations, with a proven track record and a strong customer focus;
- Excellent English communication. Knowledge of other African languages will be advantageous.
- Only applications from South African Nationals will be accepted.
What do we offer?
- Great dynamic team promoting a collaborative environment;
- Total reward elements that engage and motivate our employees and help us make KONE a great place to work;
- Comprehensive learning and development programs covering a wide range of professional skills;
- Engaging job with position description and clear targets;
- Regular feedback through performance discussions;
- Opportunities for individual development;
- Mentoring and coaching programs;
- Flexibility, trust and respect;
- Value-based culture, behaviors and ethics;
- Sustainability and innovation;
- Working for a successful organization.
Applicants must upload their updated CV when applying for the position in order for us to review their details.
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.
Read more on www.kone.com/careers
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Umzumbe, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A