This Job Listing is about Xylem in Boksburg, Gauteng, South Africa 2022
About the job
POSITION: MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN – KEMPTON PARK
Xylem is a leading global water technology company with operations in more than 150 countries; a passionate, talented, and experienced workforce; well-known industry-leading brands and water solution products.
Xylem Water Solutions SA seeks to appoint Maintenance Technician, to be established in Kempton Park, South Africa.
The Purpose of the position is to do all maintenance work on electrical, mechanical and hydraulic equipment and machinery.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Carry out planned maintenance and daily check sheets and job cards on production machines.
- Carry out total preventative maintenance tasks
- Carry out electrical installation and projects.
- Carry out safety inspections on equipment and plant
- Prepare monthly maintenance reports
- Have a full understanding of MTBF and spares management
- Must work overtime and standby when required
- Adhere to organizational Safety and Quality requirements and be able to enforce compliance
- Have a sound understanding on how to carry out process and cost saving projects
- Co-ordinate Autonomous maintenance and professional maintenance
- Co-ordinate and schedule breakdowns in a timely manner
- Develop programs to improve factory tidiness and other areas of responsibility.
- Develop an equipment pull systems in conjunction with other departments.
- Perform such other duties of a similar or related matter that may be assigned by management from time to time.
- Demonstrate an understanding of instrumentation, both electrical and mechanical
- Detect and conduct minor repairs on electronic equipment such as PC boards and motherboards on CNC machinery, electrical instruments and other machinery.
- Be able to conduct mechanical and electrical repairs on CNC machinery
- Have a sound knowledge of industrial electrical installations and legal compliance requirements
- Matric (Grade 12)
- Relevant tertiary qualification (Technical Diploma / Degree) in Electro-Mechanical Engineering.
- Qualified Millwright
- 3-5 years previous as a qualified millwright trade’s person working on electrical, mechanical & hydraulics.
- 3-5 years plant maintenance experience
- Knowledge and understanding of World Class Manufacturing and Maintenance methodology
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirements relating to driven machinery as stipulated in the Act and all relevant regulations
- Valid driver’s license
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated an understanding of ISO standards such as 9001:2015
- Result orientated, whilst still being committed to fulfilling the requirements of Xylem’s QA and ESH programs.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and Xylem Water Solutions salary structure.
Closing date: 12 April 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Consideration will be given according to the company’s Employment Equity Plan.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Boksburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A