This work as a career listing is about Deloitte in Cambridgeshire,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
About the job
At Deloitte, we recognise the investment you have made in developing your economics skills and knowledge.
We are looking for sharp minds to join our public sector economics team. This team has grown rapidly over the last few years and has emerged as one of the leading economics advisory practices in the UK, having advised on many of the country’s most important and high-profile questions.
The role will be based in the Economic Advisory (EA) team, within Advisory Corporate Finance, itself within Deloitte UK’s Financial Advisory service line. Our Economic Advisory team comprises over 60 economists, covering Public Sector, Technology, Media and Telecomms, Infrastructure, and Financial Services sectors. It is part of Deloitte’s Global Economic Advisory network.
The work is varied and delivers real value in: economics of strategy and policy; impact assessment and appraisal; funding and financing; regulation; forecasting; cost and revenue modelling; pricing and incentives; and competition and disputes. Our technical skills in these areas are combined with Deloitte’s deep financial, strategic and industry understanding to create a potent, and unique, package that can be applied to client challenges.
For more information about Deloitte Economic Advisory please see our website: Economic Advisory | Deloitte UK
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Due to on-going growth in our public sector economics team, an opportunity has arisen for a new position as a Manager. The role is focused on Defence, Security and Justice clients, but also working flexibly within our public sector team, which works on real estate and economic development, transport, health, tourism, culture and sport, and with central/local government on policy issues. The successful candidate will contribute by managing assignments involving a range of economic and policy issues. He/she will take responsibility for leading business development initiatives, supporting EC leadership in developing the business.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in:
- Working as a professional economist, within or for government departments – this could have been gained as an economist in government, a regulator, industry and/or consultancy.
- Undertaking economic analysis of relevant strategy and policy issues, in line with the principles of HMT’s recently refreshed Green Book.
We are also interested in experience of:
- Business case development;
- Cost and revenue modelling;
- Pricing and incentives; and
- Competition and disputes.
As part of the role we would also expect:
- Application of your analytical skills to develop bespoke approaches to solve complex problems.
- Working in a challenging environment with like-minded people at the leading edge of economic thinking.
- Working on a varied mix of challenging engagements on a project basis.
- Developing solutions through debate and discussion in teams and with clients.
- Continuing with your professional development throughout your career.
- Willingness to travel domestically/internationally for brief periods.
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Your home office will either be London or Cambridge.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Relevant qualifications and/or post graduate qualifications in Economics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The desire to apply analytical and economic skills to real life problems
- Excellent skills in working within a team
- An entrepreneurial attitude
We take personal development seriously, offering a wide range of learning and development opportunities within a highly supportive and nurturing environment. Our appraisal process is structured, transparent and interactive – you will receive continuous training and ongoing supportive feedback to achieve the goals that you set yourself. You will be part of an environment where excellent client service, creativity, hard work and ambition are rewarded.
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your “Immediate Family Members” are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it’s about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people – both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cambridgeshire,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A