This Job Listing is about adidas in Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa 2022
About the job
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization
Planning Integrated Business Planning (IBP) / International Logistics Sourcing (ILS/SP).Execute the IBP process to align the unconstrained demand of EM South between Marketing and Sales from an unbiased perspective across all categories and channels. Foster cross-functional collaboration to achieve one committed Sales Plan linked to the market budget plan/forecast for Emerging Markets South.Ensure that current business assumptions (ASPs, Category/Channel Growths (Profiles) are documented and formalized)Disaggregate the IBP plans into the article forecasts (ILS/SP) to ensure visibility for the global planning team, to enable better factory planning capacity decisions and factory constraint management.
Inventory & IDL Management & Simulation
- Construction and maintenance of SSI Model (Sales, Supply, Inventory), ensuring that an 18 month rolling NS phasing (along with ASP/volume & SM/COGS forecast) is tracked and actualized, matching the RFC on a Mainstream level, as well as an Ambition view to validate Buying Volumes (as forecast or purchases).
- Liaise with SCM to ensure latest Buying Volumes are maintained and aligned with IBP FC (Marketing FC) at both an Import and Local Supply level.
- Ensure maintenance of Average Cost Prices to ensure that volume & value forecasts are matching or bridged and documented for Inventory Simulation & profiling (by month).
- Provide inputs into OWC discussions and Inventory phasing (actuals & forecast) across DTC Stores, WHS & GIT & reconcile COGS (monthly) for IDL calculations (targets, actuals & forecasts). Business Decision Support
- Support the EM South Brand and Channel Business Intelligence function to provide timely, well-structured data and high-quality analysis to enable fact-based decisions taken by adidas EM South teams including Category Business unit heads and consumer to consumer functions.
- Document current state of processes, gather data relating to IBP, SBP, Inbound Logistics & operational Inventory distribution to provide support and transparency on supply chain, warehouse capacity requirements, store planning & DTC Inventory management & inform CTC ranging decisions.
- Consolidate monthly information for Senior Demand Planning Manager to assess budgets to enable better strategic decisions at an SLT level for EM South.
- Facilitate monthly Marketing meetings, monthly sales meetings, monthly Operations meetings and monthly sign off of IBP.
- Align with Marketing, Sales, Finance and Operations on the monthly IBP submission.
- Act as an IBP champion in the market locally to support the IBP process (across brands and channel)
- Disaggregate Africa (Export) business plans, incorporating them into IBP cycle and breaking it down by category.
- Review ILS/SP/MBV monthly submission.
- Ensure that IBP assumptions (ASPs, Channel shapes, Category Drivers) are documented and shared across Channels/Brands.
- Respond to monthly global questions and provide insights to global on trends in SA market.
- Communicate with EM stakeholders to ensure adequate flow of information for unit projections.
- Review input for the specific ad-hoc queries before submission.
- Ensure that Ambition Templates are aligned with Channels/Finance/SLT and submitted on time as per monthly deadlines.
- Setup and maintenance of SSI Model
- Update & alignment of SCM buying volumes (purchases & forecasts) for local and imported product
- Completion of Monthly Inventory simulation templates & presentations
- Update of IDL model (targets, actuals, forecast)
- Documentation of assumptions (ACPs, ASPs, SM-COGS)
Business Decision Support
- Track and monitor Go-in margin (GIM) as orders are captured
- Consolidate the GIM each season by category and updating the Average selling Price reports for the business.
- Maintain Buying Volumes Template to link SCM & treasury on currency monthly/seasonal currency demands.
- Monthly review and analysis of the Brand critical articles. Identifying gaps and communicating to the product team the success rate of the products.
- Draft category analysis when requested by global and EM team to better understand Product categories.
- Consult and oversee matrix templates and related enhancements.
- Analyse the Net Sales tracker to predict yearly sales target achievement.
- Maintain a high level of communication with key stakeholder department heads – provide Product marketing on a monthly basis with one page summaries of their category performance.
- Monthly analysis and buy decisions made to track success rate.
- Review local sourcing reports and providing analysis into data trends.
- Monthly analysis of their unit performance based on order book progression.
- Ad hoc reports and door analysis.
- Support the Demand Planning Senior Manager with relevant business requests.
- Train Marketing and Sales and respond to ad hoc queries relating to the customer analysis file used for ROI calculations, campaign planning, range selection and sales timeline analysis.
- Internal: Finance, SCM, Sales, EM BI Team, Product Managers (CTC) & Marketing
- External: BI Global & EM Team, IBP Global & Emerging Markets Team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Enthusiastic, energetic and represents the Group value of integrity.
- Ability to contribute to and execute strategy.
- Comprehensive business understanding of processes and structure.
- Confident to interact with Senior and Junior members of the Cluster.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Capable of managing and prioritizing a substantial and diverse workload.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex issues in an understandable manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Very good PC skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- University degree in Business (or equal education), preferably in Accounting/Finance.
- 5 years experience doing Planning / Finance Controlling / Data Analytics.
- Experience within Retail, Supply Chain, Marketing or Sales advantageous.
- Fluent in English (writing and verbal)
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A