This Job Listing is about Amcor in Shelbyville, KY 2022
About the job
We are global, we are impacting the lives of millions every day, we are making a difference!
At Amcor we are inspired to change the packaging industry and are taking on the aspirational challenge to make all our products recyclable or reusable by 2025. Through our products and global footprint, we are in a unique position to truly make a difference in the packaging space. Our products impact the lives of millions of people across the globe every day from food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical, home- and personal-care, and other essential products. Amcor is a thriving S&P 500 organisation listed both on the NYSE (AMCR) and ASX (AMC) with US$13 billion in sales. We have a proud history dating back to the 1860’s and come a long way from a single paper mill based in Melbourne to becoming the global leading packaging company. Today, Amcor is an international organisation empowering its 50,000 employees in over 40 countries and across 250 sites.
Will you be next to join our journey towards a more sustainable future? At Amcor we are always looking for talented and passionate individuals who are motivated to make a difference. Working at Amcor means you will have a unique opportunity to be a part of an organisation that is committed to providing sustainable packaging solutions. To find out more about our commitment to sustainability and about Amcor, visit www.amcor.com.
Amcor Flexibles North America (AFNA), a division of Amcor, operates across 35 plants and employs 9,000 colleagues within North America with headquarters in Chicago, IL and Oshkosh, WI. AFNA makes flexible packaging solutions for food and beverage, healthcare, and home and personal care applications.
D Shift – Nights 7p-7a
The material handler position is responsible for loading, unloading, logistics, staging, shipping and storage of material or product in the warehouse and for maintaining accurate records of material.
What You Get To Do
- Follows safe operating procedures and complies with all EHS and GPM guidelines to ensure that only the highest safety standard is maintained.
- Performs tasks within acceptable limits for quality, quantity, sanitation, and timeliness of completion, paying particular attention to prevent and eliminate costly errors.
- Meets Company’s attendance requirements, including timely reporting of absence and working overtime, as requested.
- Loads and unloads trailers. Moves and stages materials throughout the plant/warehouse for efficient production of goods and an accurate record of materials.
- Checks and inspects material received from prior operations to verify accuracy and conformance to specifications on Sales Order Form
- Complies with sanitation guidelines and good manufacturing practices related to neatness, product cleanliness and personal hygiene.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area, in accordance to 5S Standards, by cleaning spills and disposing of trash on a timely basis.
- Participates in on-the-job training and instruction to learn other job tasks.
- Complies with Company policies and performing other duties as assigned
What We Value
- Must possess the knowledge and ability to safely operate material handling equipment: lift truck, tow motor and a general understanding of warehouse techniques and procedures.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be able to operate basic hand tools.
What We Want From You
- High School education or equivalent
- 0-1 year of logistics related experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- The position requires an employee to stand and walk for an extended period of time. Exposure to moderate noise levels and potentially hazardous materials. Must be able to lift a maximum of 55 lbs and must adhere to PPE and GMP requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case by case situation.
We Are Winning When
We expect our people to be guided by The Amcor Way and demonstrate our Values every day to enable the business to win.
- Our people are engaged and developing as part of a high-performing Amcor team
- Our customers grow and prosper from Amcor’s quality, service, and innovation
- Our investors benefit from Amcor’s consistent growth and superior returns
- The environment is better off because of Amcor’s leadership and products
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Amcor Flexibles North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the links “EEO is the and “EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call 224-313-7000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
We verify the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Shelbyville, KY
Application Deadline: N/A