This Job Listing is about Eaton in Fayetteville, NC 2022
About the job
Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Material Handler to join our 1st Shift team. This position is based at our Fayetteville, NC facility.
The Material Handler uses forklift or power equipment to move and store a variety of materials, parts or products. May unload incoming materials from trailers and vehicles. Transport items from incoming staging area or from finished goods staging area to storage area. Store, stack, and arrange material and maintain related documentation. May operate overhead crane or hoist in moving of material, only crane certified associates. Verify, identify and quantify items received against purchase order. Visually inspect and count items / incoming parts, materials and supplies to detect shortages, damages in transit, broken packages and obvious defects. Complete related documentation. Move or expedite material to proper department. Pull material and package for delivery to Service Centers. Use KanBan system to order and replenish materials.
In This Function You Will
- Visually inspect for damaged material.
- Safely and efficiently deliver materials as needed to storeroom locations, or POU locations.
- Notify internal customers of receipts / product marked to their attention. Maintain working relationship with internal customers.
- Receive P.O’s in system. Separate AML material from non-AML. (Kanban)
- Sort and disperse return material. Maintain all documentation accordingly.
- Unload trucks and check freight bills accordingly. Verify material against packing list.
- Pull parts from Storeroom if needed in Service Center packing. Ensure packaging is to standard to prevent loss or damage to product.
- Process internal Kanban cards. Assist in the maintenance of the Kanban system.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and in the future
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of Fayetteville, NC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- One or more years of experience working in a complex Material Handling role
- Experience with forklift operation in either a standup or sit down capacity
- Communicate effectively with other departments to ensure parts and components are delivered on time and meet quality specifications.
- Flex into other departments as needed to ensure customer and Eaton expectations are met.
- Works with programs like AS400, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Vista
- Uses electrical schematics and blue prints to identify parts and components needed
- Uses handheld scanners to track inventory in Shipping & Receiving
Why work at Eaton? We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcareetirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call 412-893-3600 or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Vacancy Type: $38,000/yr – $59,000/yr (LinkedIn est.) · Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Fayetteville, NC
Application Deadline: N/A