This work as a career listing is about PanAust in Vientiane, Laos 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
- Advance your career and be a part of a high-performing mining company in Laos, with growth projects in Southeast Asia
- Fixed Term Contract role, reside in Laos and enjoy a fabulous expatriate lifestyle
- Role reports to the Project Manager BHX Extension
PanAust Limited is an Australian-headquartered copper and gold producer in Laos, with pre-development and exploration assets in Laos, Myanmar and Papua New Guinea (PNG). The Company is focused on a sustainable business model associated with the production and sale of copper and gold, delivery of production goals and growth.
Phu Bia Mining’s producing assets are the Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation and the Ban Houayxai (BHX) Gold-Silver Operation, both located in the Company’s 2,600 square-kilometre. The company has a Mineral Exploration and Production Agreement (MEPA) with the Government of Laos which regulated exploration, development and mining activities within the Contract Area, and sets out the Company’s tax and royalty obligations.
The BHX Mine Development department is a new department set up to develop the BHX extension which will add a further 5 years mine life to the existing BHX Operations. The Mine Development Superintendent will be a key role in ensuring the successful and timely completion of the project, delivering access to first ores by Q4 2024.
Reporting to the Project Manager BHX Extension, the Mine Development Superintendent is responsible for the leadership and operation of a safe, productive, and efficient Mine Development team. This includes the recruitment and training of staff, setting and monitoring of targets, and development and enforcement of operating procedures and standards. The role includes the effective coordination of equipment and construction teams to achieve and exceed safety, construction, and cost targets.
- Operation cost management
- Provide input on design development.
- Implementation of approved designs to construction.
- Develop and update work schedules linked to the overall Development Plan.
- Manage crushing requirements and production
- Road network construction to PBM standards and design
- Waste dump foundation preparation
- Maintain close liaison with BHX Mining to ensure final user’s requirements are met.
Specific Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
Mine Development Works
The Mine Development Superintendent is responsible for the construction and maintenance of:
- Mine and ancillary accessways.
- Accessway connecting BHX main and BHX Extension as separated by the Nam Ngum 2 hydro dam reservoir.
- Waste dumps and open pit earthworks.
- Support infrastructure (workshop, basic facilities, water, camp).
- Rock quarry, crushing and mine road construction.
- Surface water drainage systems.
- Other works and infrastructure necessary for the project
- Implement O4R programme into construction where practical
- Ensure strong relationships and communication between Production and Planning Engineers
- Lead and deliver your quarterly goals
- Implement LEAN in Mine Development Operations
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with contractors, your team and other superintendents
- Ensure your team has a strong safety culture demonstrated through risk controls and achievement of safety KPIs
- Manage professional development and training for employees
- Perform annual performance reviews, recruitment and develop staff succession plans.
- Promote a culture of communication in production
- Lead and motivate staff and plan their training to improve their performance and develop their skills.
- Development and implementation of dedicated training plans and succession plans for identified Lao staff
- Manage construction inclusive of any contractor costs to be within budget
- Participate in budget preparation by making a list of required projects and costs for production in time to provide planning for preparing budgets
- Review purchases made against your cost centres and determine if suitable expenditure is being made
- Participate in cost reviews through understanding and discussing your costs at the reviews
High performance outcomes, Respect for people, Integrity, Excellence in communications, High-calibre people and Alignment of employee to company objectives
We offer a competitive expat remuneration package including:
- bonus incentive (potential tax advantages)
- children’s education (if applicable)
- housing allowance
- medical and insurance cover
- parental leave
If this role matches your background and experience then please apply to find out more
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vientiane, Laos
Application Deadline: N/A