Website De Beers Group
This Job Listing is about De Beers Group in Musina, Limpopo, South Africa 2022
About the job
Your opportunity for a brilliant career
We’re the world’s leading diamond company, powered by thousands of people around the world, with a mission to support local communities, protect our natural environment and shape a brighter future.
Our dedication to quality and high performance extends to our workforce, so we seek talented, ambitious people who will thrive in an environment which fosters individuality, inclusivity and creativity. If you like the idea of challenging and stimulating work in a diverse team, we’d like to hear from you.
Venetia Mine is South Africa’s most valuable diamond mine. As we develop the mine underground, it is also one of the largest infrastructure projects in the country. Venetia Underground Project (VUP) is a complexed underground mechanised development, shaft and mine construction project to deliver an operational Sub Level Cave mine operation. Experienced and effective management and control of the project works and mining operations through major contractors (EPC, Mining Contractor) and owner functions is essential for Safe, timely and effective delivery of the project.
The Miner – Remedial/Secondary Support is responsible for controlling rehabilitation damaged support elements within the SLC Section. Working closely with Geo-Tech department in identifying areas which requires secondary support
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Making safe and safe declaration of underground working places (waiting places, haulages, Drifts, blasting bays, ore passes & tip excavations)
- Inspect working areas where remedial/ secondary support is being conducted
- Allocating Bolter/ Drill rig operators work as per the requirement of remedial support
- The health and safety of the secondaryemedial personnel working in his/her supervision
- Coordinating and monitoring the support mining activities to ensure adherence to mine standards and operational targets
- Supervision of all cable bolting and grouting
- Supervision of shotcrete application
- Housekeeping where all support activities are taking place
- Planning activities in accordance with the mining plan and allocating resources as required
- Coordinating shift hand over at the beginning of the shift by checking relevant documentation, the required physical mining activities and communicating tasks to team members of the relevant mining crew
This role is in the Mining Department at a Band 8 Level and reporting to the Shift Boss.
- Grade 12 / N3 / Equivalent NQF Level 4 qualification
- Blasting Certificate for Underground Hard Rock / Equivalent Qualification
- Required classification as per VTS testing for specific role (Orange)
- Computer Literacy – MS Office Suite (Word/Excel/Power Point/Outlook)
- Valid EB/Code 8 Drivers License
Experience & knowledge required:
- Minimum of 3 years underground mining experience of which at least 1 year must have included the supervisory skills of planning, organising, leading and controlling
Sound knowledge and experience of:
- Underground mining practices and operations
- Understanding of secondary support installation
- Shotcrete application and long anchor installation
- Safety, Health and Environmental Legislation and standards applicable to underground mining
- Massive Mining, Sub Level Caving, Sub Level Open Stopping, development and Block caving experience
- Be prepared to work shifts, do standby duties, call-outs, and work overtime as per what the role may require
- Must have strong administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure, be independent and a self-starter
- Medical Certificate of Fitness to work underground. Medical assessment will include vertigo and claustrophobia amongst others. Able to tolerate physical exertion the post is dependent on the successful completion of the Company’s pre-employment protocol such as qualifications verification, relevant psychometric and technical assessments and security clearance
Who We Are:
Venetia Mine – South Africa
De Beers Group is a company with a rich history and a sparkling future.
Since 1888 our experts have searched the world for nature’s most precious gem. Our diamonds bring beauty to the world. But we think they can do so much more. We want our diamonds, and our business, to make life brilliant – for our people, our customers, and the world around us.
Venetia Mine is part of De Beers Group Managed Operations Business which integrates mines, operations and support functions in the De Beers Group producer countries of Canada and South Africa to shape a safe, sustainable future for De Beers Group’s people, shareholders, communities and partners.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
By applying for this job, you provide consent that your personal details, including your fingerprints, can be used to conduct background screening where appropriate. For more information, please visit: https://www.angloamerican.com/site-services/applicant-privacy-notice/applicant-privacy-notice-en
Anglo American/ De Beers Group collects and processes personal data in accordance with the relevant regulations. For more information, please visit: https://www.angloamerican.com/site-services/applicant-privacy-notice/applicant-privacy-notice-en
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How To Apply
- For all internal applicants, you are required to complete an internal application form and attach detailed CV. This form must be accompanied with a signature from your immediate line manager and Head of Department, failure to do so would render your application invalid
Submit applications on or before the CLOSING DATE: 22 April 2022
Since safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines have become widely available this year, we have strongly encouraged employees to get vaccinated at the earliest possible opportunity. However, as vaccines have been proven to be a very effective and safe way of protecting people and reducing Covid-19 transmission, we have now announced our intent to introduce a policy that requires Covid-19 vaccination for access to all sites and offices. This policy would apply to all new joiners to the company as well as existing employees and contractors.
We are in the process of undertaking a comprehensive engagement process with all our stakeholders about our intent. This is so we can tailor our approach in each country, including ensuring what we do is lawful. Once this is complete, we will look to implement the policy. There may be differences in how and when it is implemented due to local context and legal requirements.
Company: De Beers Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Musina, Limpopo, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A