Website St Barbara Limited
This work as a career listing is about St Barbara Limited in New Ireland, Papua New Guinea 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
We are currently seeking to recruit a Mine Surveyor to join our highly dynamic workforce within our Simberi Operations Island in New Ireland Province.
Reporting to the Senior Mine Surveyor and assisting in establishing survey controls to provide accurate survey data for daily, weekly, and monthly survey tasks which support open pit production, mine technical services requirements and mine site project activities, statutory survey requirements whilst training and mentoring Graduate Surveyors and Survey Technicians.
This is an exciting time to join SImberi & St Barbara as we embark on our “Building Brilliance” journey transform the business and deliver sustainable value.
This is a FIFO position; the roster is a 15/13 roster. Point of Hire is restricted to Kavieng/Rabaul/Port Moresby/Lae/Mt Hagen or Tabar group of Islands. (Locals are encouraged to apply)
Key Responsibilities Include
- Liaising with Mine Engineering, Geology and Mine Operations personal in providing survey assistance where and as required including participating in meetings.
- Perform EDM Total Station and GPS surveys to accurate tolerance for all control network surveys, general pickups and setouts.
- Perform UAV surveys on all the mine’s infrastructure asbuilts and generating maps accurately
- Perform truck volume surveys using GPS and S6 Total station
- Applying correct use of RTK GPS system, monitor survey base station movement and perform site calibration if required.
- Ensuring compliance surveys to pit, stockpile and ramp designs are carried out and reported accordingly.
- Complete surveys at month-end to enable volumes are reported accurately and timely.
- Managing Mine Survey GIS Database, hardware and software systems by ensuring all filing procedures are observed.
- Maintain a consistently high standards of occupational health, safety awareness, fitness for work and environment compliance regulations when performing all mine survey tasks.
- Ensuring Risk Assessments on Critical Hazards on survey tasks are carried out
- Responsible for survey pickup of SML Pit asbuilts for quarterly pit-sections MRA submissions every year.
- Responsible for caring of all equipment essential for work and ensuring budget cost savings are met
- Developing and training survey graduates and technicians on equipment care and housekeeping
- Ensuring survey technicians are up to date with their competency training courses.
- Manage personnel character and attitudes to become valuable team player within the team
Qualifications, Skills, And Experience Required
- Behaviour consistent with St Barbara’s Values
- A current Police Clearance Certificate
- Current PNG Class 6 Driver’s Licence
- A tertiary degree qualification in Surveying and (Cartography)
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in field survey preferably in an open cut truck/shovel mining operation
- Ability to use state of the art Total Station, GPS and UAV surveying equipments
- Experience in working with Minesight, Deswik and other Mine Planning CAD system is essential
- Experience in working with Agisoft, Trimble Business Center, AutoCivil3D and other GIS CAD system is desirable
- Good computer skills with the ability to use MS Word processing, MS PowerPoint presentation and MS Excel spreadsheet applications
- Good written, oral and organisational skills that works with attention to detail
- Meets multiple task deadlines and always looking for continuous improvements with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from different backgrounds and cultures
- A team player willing to accomplish all tasks in a demanding work environment to make the team successful
- A sound awareness of operational safety issues and excellent personal safety record
- Previous experience on similar role
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a dynamic and motivated team of industry professionals with considerable experience in the demands and practices of the mining industry.
Simberi Gold Company Ltd offers a competitive remuneration package, commensurate with experience.
Short-listing for this position commences immediately and we do reserve the right to commence processing applications prior to the nominated close off date.
Closing date: Monday 19th December 2022 at close of business.
Please submit your applications, CVs, and supporting documents to the below link
St Barbara is an Equal Opportunity Employer and in 2016, 2015 and 2014 was recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA). St Barbara is the only mining company in Australia to receive this citation for three consecutive years. Recognition for St Barbara’s commitment and achievement in eliminating the gender pay equity gap has also been recognised nationally through industry awards.
For further information on St Barbara and to apply for this role, please visit www.stbarbara.com.au
Company: St Barbara Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New Ireland, Papua New Guinea
Application Deadline: N/A