Website Life Care Centers of America
Hospitals and Health Care
Life Care Centers of America is seeking individuals who are passionate about healthcare to join our team as Nurse Aides in Training. In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn and develop your skills as you work towards becoming a Certified Nurse Aide.
- Provide basic patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse
- Assist with activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, and grooming
- Take and record vital signs and other basic patient information
- Transport patients to appointments and activities as needed
- Perform light housekeeping duties to maintain a clean and safe patient environment
- Attend and participate in mandatory in-service training to fulfill requirements for certification as a Nurse Aide.
Education, Experience, And Licensure Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Currently enrolled in a State-approved CNA program and may work for a single consecutive period of four (4) months. At the conclusion of the four (4) month period the Nurse Aide in Training must meet the certification requirements to become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).
- CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
- Lift, turn, move, position, and transport patients under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse
- Assist patients with baths, showers, personal grooming, feeding, and toileting under the direct supervisor of a licensed nurse
- Accurately document and chart patient care
- Respond to call lights promptly
- Exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Assist in the evacuation of patients
- Demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Lift 35 lbs. floor to waist, lift 35 lbs. waist to shoulder, lift and carry 35 lbs., and push/pull 35 lbs.
- Patience, tact, cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm as well as willingness to handle difficult patients
- Make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Knowledgeable of nursing practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing nursing functions in the post-acute care facility
- Implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the nursing department
- Perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care’s Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Interest in healthcare and a desire to learn and grow as a healthcare professional
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team and follow instructions
If you are passionate about healthcare and looking to start a career in the field, the Nurse Aide in Training position at Life Care Centers of America may be a great opportunity for you. This position offers the opportunity to learn and develop your skills as you work towards becoming a Certified Nurse Aide.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.