Website RSK Group
This work as a career listing is about RSK Group in Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
Job Title – Onsite Sanitation Specialist
Location – Lusaka
About The Company
Why not come and work for one of Ireland’s most progressive and ambitious engineering and environmental consultancies. Sustainability is a core value of our work, if you plan to advance your career in a socially responsible Company working towards a sustainable planet then come join us.
We are creative problem solvers who deliver design solutions for infrastructure projects focused in the water and wastewater sectors but also in transportation, civil & structural engineering, flood protection, and renewables.
With our Headquarters based in Ireland, we also work in the UK, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. We recently joined the RSK Group, an amalgamation of over 150 companies working in the area of water, transportation, and environmental remediation with sustainability at the heart of its strategy. Being part of a larger group provides a global network of opportunities whilst still retaining the company’s own brand and autonomy hence the role is very much focused on meeting the needs of Nicholas O’Dwyer.
Our group plan is to have reached a turnover of £1 billion with over 10,000 employees by 2025 with sustainability at our heart.
The overall objective of this project is to develop a comprehensive sanitation improvement and investment strategy and developed an updated/ newly adopted Lusaka Sanitation Master Plan covering the entire Lusaka Province. The Strategy and Sanitation Master Plan will be developed through a participatory approach and in line with the Citywide Inclusive Sanitation (CWIS) Approach. In line with this approach, sanitation is to be approached as a service to be delivered, with a mix of technical solutions considering the full sanitation service chain – i.e., household containment, collection, conveyance, treatment, and safe disposal – for all residents of a given settlement or city. The approach further ensures focus on: (i) targeting specific unserved and underserved groups, such as women, the aged the urban poor, and people with disabilities; (ii) sustainability by basing investment decisions on capital and operational budgets (i.e., always planning for operation and maintenance); and (iii) facilitating incremental progressive realization, building on what is already in place.
The results that are expected from the project are:
- A situational analysis of sanitation service provision in all the Districts in Lusaka Province;
- A review of the existing master plan;
- Identification of strategic approaches for improving sanitation (on-site and sewered) services in all the districts;
- Development of a sanitation improvement and financing strategy;
- Selection of projects to be undertaken in the short, medium, and long term;
- Pre-feasibility studies for the selected projects to be undertaken in the short term; Gender and Social Inclusion Mainstreaming (SIGM) coupled with a Community Stakeholder Engagement Plan/Strategy for the Sanitation Master Plan; An M&E strategy that will be used to monitor and track the progress of the strategic sanitation master plan; and
- Providing support for consensus building and consultations during the entire process.
Core role requirements:
Onsite Sanitation Specialist
Support in conducting field studies and analysis on the state and functionality of existing onsite sanitation systems, assessment of existing service delivery models, identification of inclusive OSS/ FSM interventions/investments as well as conducting pre-feasibility studies.
Qualifications And Skills
- University degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering/Science or Public Health.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English;
- Excellent communication, reporting, and computer skills;
- Experience in Zambia or the region is an advantage.
General Professional Experience
- A minimum of 7 years experience in project design, implementation, and operations in onsite sanitation systems and fecal sludge management in urban, low-income communities (LICs), rural, and emergency setups;
- Registered with a recognized Professional Body.
Specific Professional Experience
- Should have experience in the design and implementation of at least 1 project in onsite sanitation service delivery models, non-sewered sanitation systems, fecal sludge treatment, and reuse. The individual should demonstrate understanding/ knowledge of CWIS approaches.
Company: RSK Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
Application Deadline: N/A