Website PwC Careers Africa
This Job Listing is about PwC Careers Africa in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa 2022
About the job
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career within Operations Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients optimise all elements of their operations to move beyond the role of a cost effective business enabler and become a source of competitive advantages. We focus on product innovation and development, supply chain, procurement and sourcing, manufacturing operations, service operations and capital asset programmes to drive both growth and profitability.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent level of work experience in a operational improvement role
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following:
- Engineering (Industrial, Chemical, Mechanical, Aeronautical)
- Organisational / Industrial Psychology
Additional experience / certification will be an advantage:
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Scaled Agile Frameworks (SAFe) certification
- Leading SAFe
- Implementing SAFe
- Scrum Master
- Minimum 2 years of experience in deploying operational improvement programmes or projects
- Experience of implementing agile, lean techniques, business optimisation and new ways of work in different organisational cultures and environments
- Strong ability to coach, influence thinking and build relationships (client and team)
- Strong problem solving and communication capabilities
- Data analysis experience and presentation skills
- Proven track record in influencing change
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Effectively communicate principles and practices to drive new ways of work and the operating model across the Operational Excellence team
- Support the leadership team in maintaining operational principles and practices and ensure smooth project delivery
- Successfully lead workstreams within a client deployment
- Coach client management staff in a variety of operational frameworks and methods to ensure adoption of best practices, top-down
- Lead workshops for client teams, as well as their key stakeholders
- Drive cultural change (both internally and at clients) by championing a growth and innovation mindset
- Work as part of a team on projects related to operational improvement and optimisation
- Analyse big data to support recommendations through the use of PowerBi, Alteryx, Celonis, PafNow, Tableau and other data / dashboarding tools
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Contribute to the development of both your own and your team’s technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Contribute to enhancing our delivery assets through ongoing development of our methodology, and alignment with other Operations capabilities (e.g. operating model design, process redesign, etc.)
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to effectively coach and improve team and individual performance through data driven insights and coaching conversations
- Ability to structure, interpret and challenge client data
- Ability to develop business / value cases
- Demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to synthesise the team’s work into recommendations presented to clients, and deliver oral and written reports to the client management
- Possess a strong presence in a dynamic team, with the ability to foster team spirit
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effect real change
- Stakeholder management and effective communication (at all levels – client and internally)
- Problem solving, innovation and critical thinking
- Process workshop facilitation and documentation (value stream mapping, BPMN)
- Process improvement
- Practical experience of Agile, Scrum, Kanban, and Scaled Agile Frameworks
- Lean transformation
- Business transformation
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office 365 and Google Suite tools
- Self-starter and motivated, with a proactive optimistic mindset
- Flexibility, ability to work under pressure and willingness to travel when needed
- High level of emotional intelligence, with the ability to demonstrate empathy and humility
- Commercial awareness to understand a business area and its strategic outcomes
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
April 24, 2022
Company: PwC Careers Africa
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A