This Job Listing is about PayJoy in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa 2022
About the job
With over three million customers trusting PayJoy, it’s increasingly important that our apps and services operate with integrity and high availability while keeping our customers’ data confidential.
PayJoy is hiring an Operations Coordinator to join our talented team to work on exciting and fast-paced projects. You will contribute to the mission of delivering consumer finance at scale. One of the many reasons PayJoy develops innovative products is because of the collaborative work of our teams that enable consumer finance in emerging markets.
You will have the opportunity to collaborate in accelerating the growth of PayJoy and its commercial partners by creating and improving internal and external operations. You will report to the Operations Manager in South Africa. The main focus of this role is to improve through organizing and execution of the processes related to enabling consumer finance for the next billion.
You’ll work with teammates across the company, from Operations, Sales, and Marketing to efficiently scale PayJoy products. You have a bias toward action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive new deployments at PayJoy speed. Successful candidates will be able to dig into the details and step back to focus on the major opportunities. You will need outstanding communication skills, a quick understanding of processes, a focus on scalability of the business, and a highly proactive attitude.
- 50% of time is allocated to administrative tasks related to operations, such as managing and collecting data, as well as maintaining, updating and distributing monthly price updates.
- 50% of time is allocated to administrative tasks for marketing, such as managing external marketing agency requirements and distributing marketing materials.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues and partners
- Good prioritization and multitasking abilities
- Exceptional attention to detail and accurate data management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Previous experience in fast-growing startup companies
- Medical insurance: May expense up to R9,360 per month (on condition that you have a medical plan in place)
- Retirement: 3% of monthly salary (on condition that you have a retirement plan in place)
- Company holidays; 15 days of vacation (20 at 3rd year); statutory sick leave
- Annual fitness benefit (R7,500); professional development benefit (R30,000); and international travel benefit (R30,000)
PayJoy’s mission is to deliver access to credit to the next billion people in emerging markets worldwide. Our unique mobile locking technology gives customers the ability to afford their first smartphone on credit, using the phone itself as collateral, and then provides further access to credit to help weather life’s unexpected financial surprises and climb the ladder of economic well-being.
Founded in 2015, today PayJoy has reached millions of customers in a dozen countries around the globe, including Mexico, Brazil, India, Kenya, and South Africa, and is on a strong growth path with support from major industry partners to bring credit to millions in the near future.
PayJoy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Finance for the next billion * Ownership * Break Through Walls * Live Communication * Transparency & Directness * Focus on Scale * Work-Life Balance * Embrace Diversity * Speed
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A