Website Abt Associates Australia
This work as a career listing is about Abt Associates Australia in Honiara, Solomon Islands 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
About the Program
Australia has a long history of working with Solomon Islands Government (SIG) to strengthe n their efforts to improve public financial management, reform the public service, and promote inclusive governance including election management . The Australian Solomon Islands P artnership for Governance (ASIP-Gov) is funded by the Australian Government and implemented by Abt Associates and works with SIG central ministries and provincial authorities. The program is help ing mitigate the negative impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on Solomon Islands’ economy, society, and people, in line with Australian and Solomon Islands COVID-19 response plans.
About The Opportunity
The Operations Lead will be a key member of the ASIP-Gov senior management team. The Operations Lead will manage a small team and has primary responsibility for establishing, implementing, and managing operational and corporate services for ASIP-Gov.
- Manage the budget and resources across ASIP-Gov in a manner that best realises program cohesion, achieves efficient portfolio management and leverages value for money.
- With the Team Leader, identify and manage all program and operational risks including through development of risk assessments and gap analysis.
- Contribute to quality improvement and monitoring, evaluation and learning of ASIP-Gov.
- Socialise the Operations Manual with the ASIP-Gov program team, focusing on the understanding and implementation of key Abt policies and procedures across the breadth of operational functions.
- Maintain the Operations Manual, as well as leading and supporting the development and submission of other head contract reporting deliverables – including writing operations sections of the annual plans and 6-monthly and annual reports, in addition to writing and updating a handover plan, security and emergency plans.
- Build and continually strengthen internal communication between operational areas, program areas and Brisbane Head Office to maximise collaboration and program outcomes.
- Establish and maintain high quality systems and processes to manage the services necessary to support program implementation, including financial, procurement, grants, administrative, logistical, fleet, security, information technology, events, translation, communications and human resource management.
Finance and Procurement
- Oversee and monitor ASIP-Gov budget and track expenditure, provide accurate monthly and quarterly financial forecasts and ensure reporting to DFAT and other stakeholders as required.
- Oversee and/or manage ASIP-Gov procurement processes in accordance with Abt Policy, DFAT policy and Head Contract guidelines
- Oversee grant and activity management, and support capacity development of local grantees.
- Oversee the undertaking of due diligence on delivery partner organisations, for compliance, risk, to build local capacity and achieve program objectives.
- Manage and report any fraud or corruption issues that may arise, in line with DFAT, AHC, and corporate policies.
- Ensure that program assets are being appropriately registered.
- Ensure adequate insurance policies are in place for program property and personnel.
ICT, Logistics and Security
- Oversee safety and security management to ensure well-being of all ASIP-Gov personnel.
- Ensure periodic updating of security and emergency plans.
- Manage relevant service agreements for the delivery of all ASIP-Gov services, including vehicle management, ICT, security, and transport.
- Oversee the implementation of Abt’s Safeguarding Framework and implementation of relevant policies including incident management procedures.
- Oversee essential learning initiatives (Safeguarding, Fraud and Corruption control) to raise staff and partner awareness.
- Manage reporting of incidents, including issues related to conflict of interest.
- Oversee the end-to-end HR life cycle of ASIP-Gov staff in accordance with Abt Corporate and DFAT policies.
- Develop and maintain a productive work environment and positive organisational culture for the ASIP-Gov team.
- Lead, guide, mentor and manage the performance of direct reports.
- Working closely with the HR Manager, oversee the structured implementation of performance management and learning and development in line with Abt policies and procedures, ensuring hiring managers are aware of their roles and responsibilities.
- Oversee contractual entitlements for international and local staff and ensure that they are aligned with related legislation and Head Contract requirements.
- Support HR Manager and executive team to ensure program resourcing is in line with program objectives, whilst always maintaining a focus on VFM.
We are seeking an individual for this strategic position who brings:
- Degree in a relevant field such as Business, Economics , B usiness A dministration, or relevant field
- Demonstrated experience (10+ years desirable) in leading and managing operations teams (including HR, finance, grants logistics) for programs in the international development sector.
- Demonstrated experience managing extensive budgets, contributing to the financial planning and monitoring processes, ideally on a DFAT funded program.
- Ability to deliver strategic leadership and provide support to executive team on service delivery to ensure the effectiveness of operational planning, decision making and meeting deliverables.
- Excellent leadership, representation, organisational and interpersonal skills, both in-person and remotely.
- Working knowledge and experience with DFAT funded program management, policies, regulations, and procedures is highly desirable.
- Experience and knowledge of Solomon Islands is highly desirable.
How To Apply
Please apply online below, attaching a detailed CV and cover letter as a single document, addressing how you meet the requirements of this role .
Closing Date: Wednesday 2 November 2022
Company: Abt Associates Australia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Honiara, Solomon Islands
Application Deadline: N/A