This work as a career listing is about Serco in AbuDhabi,AbuDhabi,UnitedArabEmirates 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
About the job
Job Req ID: 273732
Posting Start Date: 19-Aug-2022
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, AE, 1234
Contract Type: Full Time
Operations Manager (Hard Services)
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco is looking to hire a Operations Manager for one of its contracts in Abu Dhabi. The incumbent will be responsible for all Estates services, including Grounds Maintenance and will support the GM as directed in TFM of all other functions across the contract including IT and Soft Service deliverables. The role is essential in leading the technical capability and deliverables across all hard and soft services.
Reporting to the General Manager, the candidate identified will be accountable for Estates Management Services that include but are not limited to, planned, preventative and reactive maintenance activities for building fabric, MEP, specialist services systems and FF&E. Projects and variation works including fit outs, refurbishments and change of use requirements.
- Landscaping and associated irrigation systems, maintenance & cleanliness of external hard and paved areas, maintenance of sports pitches and associated facilities, maintenance of all external furniture, canopies, car parks, boundary walls, fences, gates etc.
- Ownership and management of the annual and five-year Life Cycle planning, approvals, procurement, and project delivery including budgetary and quality controls.
- Responsible for the Estate Management & Grounds Maintenance Service including QHSE policies, procedures and systems that support a safe and professional work ethic and that it remains relevant and up to date ensuring that they are cognoscente of the Serco Integrated Management System (IMS), UAE legislation, regulatory compliance and industry best practice.
- Management and leadership of the Estates Management and Grounds Maintenance, engineering, technical and administrative staff and service providers across all sub departments including MEP Maintenance, Building Services, Project Management and Technical Support.
- Meet the Key Performance Indicators (KPI’ s) and Availability criteria’s as per the contract Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
- Production of monthly and annual operational reports to both specified timeframes and Adhoc as required. Reports will detail measurement and monitoring of the Estate Management & Grounds Maintenance services, KPI’ s and other relevant information. Develop succession plans for all staff.
- Implement and manage continual improvement initiatives, innovation projects and programmes across all areas of the departments including service delivery, staff engagement, cost reductions sustainability and green innovation.
What We Are Looking For In Our Candidates
The Operations Manager should have solid broad and practical experience of the built environment with a mechanical or electrical engineering qualification. Proven experience of a Total Facilities Management (TFM) environment including operational delivery on multiple building facilities.
He/she should be a highly motivated, flexible individual with energy and drive, innovative and have good planning abilities, an analytical approach to problems and a good knowledge of built environment technology. Additionally, he/she must be conversant with the requirements of all current relevant legislation. He/she must have had extensive experience of managing multi-disciplinary technical teams in addition to integrating staff from all contract departments.
- Holder of a degree or diploma in a relevant engineering discipline
- Qualifications in Facilities Management related disciplines (IWFM, CFM)
- Ten years plus in maintaining and delivering MEP services
- Five years plus of managing within an TFM environment
- Experience in Business Continuity planning
- Experience of coordinating continuous quality improvement programs.
- Experience of managing multiple teams
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
We Take Pride In What We Do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: AbuDhabi,AbuDhabi,UnitedArabEmirates
Application Deadline: N/A