This Job Listing is about Lonza in Bend, OR 2022
About the job
United States, Bend (Oregon)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an opening for an Operations Material Handler at our location in Bend, Oregon.
- Read, understand and demonstrate proficiency on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Required to work on a 12-hour shift schedule that may include nights/weekends and some holidays
- R e a d , writ e , a nd u nd e r s tand Sta n dard Op e rati n g Proc e dur e s (SOP ’ s )
- Acti v e ly engage in d e part m e n t al co n ti n uous impro v e me nt a cti v it i es , q u es tioning cur r e nt practic e s to a ct i v e ly p ro m o t e a nd impro v e the work s pace a r e a
- M em b e r s hip in sa f e ty co m m i t te e , s w ee p t e a m , or ERT t e a m
- Day to d ay o p e rations of roo m s 1 0 60, 10 7 0, 101, 121, 1 2 1 cold roo m , a nd area deliveries of solvents and removal of waste
- Maintain H a z ardous w a s te m a n ager status at the site
- E n s u r e the a r e as h a v e a d e quate su p pli e s of co n s u m a b l e s , ot h e r i n – hou s e s tock it e m s a n d equip me nt. This may i n c l ude engine e ring s tor e s it e m s a n d i n du s trial ga se s
- Manage equip me nt tr a n sfe r proc e s s to and from Warehouses when required
- Be r e s pon s ible f or all ar e a lo g books, e n s uring curr e nt v e r s i ons a re in u se , log b ooks are compl e t e d/ s ig n e d o ff , and log b o o ks are r e v i e we d a nd r e t u r n e d to Quality Assurance Document Control
- Per f o r m a n ce of a r e a hou se k e e ping acti v it i es , i n clu d ing the pro m pt r e porti n g of probl ems , s h ort a g e s, or e quip me nt br e a k do w ns
- Pro f ic ie nt in Master Control at reporting and completing cha n ge contr o l, d e v iatio ns , CAPA, and p roc e dure changes
- O v e r s e e and request work or d e r s for f a ci l ity u pgra d e s , repairs, and maintenance in area of responsibility
- Manage bulk solvent and waste offloads and maintain bulk solvent and waste area
- Other duties as assigned
- High s chool Diploma or G ED
- 2- y e ar associate degree o r 4 -year BS d e g r e e p r e fe r r e d
- Previous experience maintaining and operating SAP Inventory control systems
- Certifications in Lean Manufacturing or similar Operations Excellence
- Experience with manufacturing equipment is preferred
- Promote safety and demand high quality standards for work being performed
- Team player, open and reliable character with good interpersonal and communication skills
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Bend, OR
Application Deadline: N/A