Website Glasgow Life
This work as a career listing is about Glasgow Life in Glasgow,Scotland,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
About the job
Glasgow Life is the charity providing the support, inspiration and opportunity for Glasgow’s citizens to access the services that matter most to them. Working across museums, the arts, music, sport, world-class events, festivals, libraries, community facilities, and physical activity, learning and heritage programmes; the scale and reach of our activity makes a real and positive impact on the lives of Glasgow’s residents and creates unforgettable experiences for our visitors.
We are recruiting a Procurement, Insurance and Legal Manager (Maternity Cover), to join our 3,000 strong team of dedicated staff and volunteers. Reporting to the Head of Business and Strategy you will be responsible for all Glasgow Life procurement activity; the tendering processes for a wide range of categories for goods and services, and the management of the procurement team and team activity via various procurement routes including mini competitions, open & restricted process and service concessions for procurement requirements. You will ensure the efficient safeguarding of Glasgow Life resources and deliver best value in commissioning and procurement of goods and services across Glasgow Life.
You will have experience in delivering strategic end to end procurement and provide advice to internal and external stakeholders, colleagues and represent procurement across internal and external service areas and wider Council family.
You will be responsible for the review, development and amendment of procurement policies, strategies and statutory reporting requirements.
You will be required to advise on the procurement process using Public Contracts Scotland (PCS) and Public Contracts Scotland – Tender (PCS-T) therefore experience in using both systems is an essential skill for applicants.
You will be responsible for Glasgow Life’s insurance strategy, including management of the policies, claims handling processes and staff resources. You will provide guidance and direction across the organisation on matters relating to insurance and you will manage the relationship between Glasgow Life and the insurance brokers.
Glasgow Life procure legal services from Glasgow City Council. You will manage these services, including the prioritisation of legal resources to support organisational need.
The key responsibilities of the role will be to:
• Develop and implement procurement, insurance and legal process and procedures
• Oversee the planning and delivery of Glasgow Life’s procurement manual and strategy, ensuring aligned to strategic plans.
• Produce the Procurement Annual Report and any other statutory reporting requirements.
• Work effectively within the political dimension.
• Maintain awareness in national policy, best practices and new techniques and to be conversant with all relevant legislation in order to ensure that Glasgow Life policies and practices conform to statutory provisions.
• Display exceptional qualities in leading, managing and planning operations to deliver a high-quality procurement service, aligned to statutory requirements
• Manage, prioritise and control delegated resources to ensure proper and effective application of procurement resource and managerial duties.
• Monitor Service Area Contract Management of suppliers, in line with contract KPI’s, discussing opportunities for efficiencies, savings and innovation.
• Conduct service area spend reviews (SOAR) and develop procurement plans. Be able to present these plans back to senior management.
• Attend, report and present at appropriate forums.
• Project manage the operational delivery of assigned procurement projects in conjunction with external bodies where necessary.
• Develop and sustain effective external relationships, appropriate partnerships and strategic alliances in pursuit of Glasgow Life’s interests
• Liaise with Service Areas or stakeholders to manage and deliver teamwork plans
• Carry out Performance Review’s and One to Ones taking cognisance of Glasgow Life’s competency frameworks.
• Develop and conduct training across the organisation
We believe in the transformational power of the services we provide for the citizens and visitors of Glasgow, and if you want to be a part of it, we’d love to hear from you.
Provisionally interviews will be held on the w/c 3rd of October.
In return we can offer a generous holiday allowance of 29 days (rising to 34 days after 5 years), plus 6.5 public holidays. You will also be eligible to join the Strathclyde pension fund, one of the largest local authority pension providers in the UK. Additional staff benefits include staff discounts, annual leave purchase scheme, flexible retirement and family friendly policies.
Glasgow Life seeks to reflect the extraordinary diversity of our city at every level of our organisation and in our programmes. We strongly encourage suitably qualified applications from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Glasgow Life. To find out more about our commitment to equality and diversity visit https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/the-small-print/an-inclusive-employer
Company: Glasgow Life
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glasgow,Scotland,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A