Website CaseWare Africa
This Job Listing is about CaseWare Africa in Johannesburg Metropolitan Area 2022
About the job
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The purpose of the Product Owner – Analytics role is to enable and achieve team delivery of data analytics software and content. The Product Owner acts as the bridge between the business and the development team and works closely with the Product Manager and clients to understand the vision and requirements for the product and develop the necessary Agile-oriented artifacts to ensure that these are met.
The Product Owner has a deep understanding of data analytics and Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs), as well as world-class user experiences. The incumbent demonstrates a strong ability to lead and has a shared responsibility to ensure that the appropriate product is developed in the most optimal way.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- Development and documentation of Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs) in data analytical software;
- Documentation of CAATs specifications for the development team to process and develop in the assurance software;
- Integration of analytics software, tools and procedures into other audit and assurance products; and
- Research and development of the latest data analytical tools and methodologies.
- Successful execution of working content and software by coordinating with all stakeholders across the release value-chain in an Agile manner – Product Development, Product Manager(s), Content Owner, and Third Parties;
- Management of the product backlog to align with the product roadmap; and
- Participation in key activities that complement success in every Program Increment.
- Ownership and delivery of the quality product(s);
- Assistance with the development and testing of User Stories;
- Collaboration with client-facing functions to resolve client issues in driving customer success; and
- Execution of client-informed feedback, feature requests, and improvement in the product backlog.
Collaboration and Stakeholder Management
- Training of internal staff (Sales/Marketing/Consulting/Support) on data analysis; and
- Supporting the go-to-market execution by collaborating with Product Manager(s) and other stakeholders in the business.
Qualification and Experience Requirements
- 2 years Experience in using data analytical software such as CaseWare IDEA®, Arbutus, ACL, Galvanize, SQL etc.
- 3 years’ external or internal audit experience.
- Desirable Requirements
- Experience working in cross-functional teams.
- Experience with audit software and methodologies.
- Client-facing experience.
- Experience using financial software systems
- A technical background (in software development) is not a prerequisite, but a plus.
- Data analytics and its application in software.
- Audit and assurance methodologies.
- Superuser experience in software, systems and tools.
- Experience with the below tools is not essential, but would be advantageous:
- Analytical skills.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Facilitation skills.
- Business processes skills.
- Solid experience working with CaseWare Working Papers or equivalent assurance software packages, with a technical inclination to understand how the software works “under the hood”.
- Experience working with CaseWare IDEA®.
- Above-average technical ability (International Standards of Auditing, IFRS, IFRS for SMEs, Companies Act)
- Understanding and ability to strategically think about client compliance needs by understanding their business and key risks.
- Ability to address compliance issues in new, efficient, and innovative ways such as data analytics.
- Understanding of various business processes and methodologies.
Personal Attributes and Qualities
- Effective communicator at all levels.
- Abstract thinking with a creative approach to solving technical problems, whilst translating technical requirements into specifications and into a product backlog.
- A self-starter and quick learner, with a strong sense of prioritization, focusing on deliverables.
- The ability to effectively deliver on deadlines and to be self-motivated.
- An unreserved commitment to quality and elimination of mistakes and errors.
- Reliability and resiliency – being adaptive to a changing environment with unique challenges.
- The ability to collaborate effectively with others.
- Adding value by promoting innovation and leveraging new ideas.
Company: CaseWare Africa
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Johannesburg Metropolitan Area
Application Deadline: N/A