Website McCain Foods
This Job Listing is about McCain Foods in Katlehong, Gauteng, South Africa 2022
About the job
Position Title: Production Planner
Position Type: Regular – Full-Time
Position Location: Rosebank
Requisition ID: 15804
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Production Planner to be based at the McCain Delmas site, Mpumalanga. The successful candidate will report to the Supply Planning Manager.
Purpose Of The Job
Organize production according to demand and stock model. You will be the one to ensure finish goods are produced on time for distribution in a profitable manner.
Key Performance Areas
- Planning and monitoring the capacity of facilities to optimise productivity
- Identify and resolve problems relating to inventory levels
- Providing daily, weekly and monthly production analysis for comparing the forecast to the capacity model
- Investigate production problems, analyse root causes and provide solutions
- Communicate production status to Supply Planning Manager and Internal Sales on daily basis
- Regular reviews and confirmation of correctness of production BOM’s and driving necessary actions to have any anomalies corrected in the system
- Propose new options based on identified risks and opportunities through scenario planning and reporting
- Knowledge and experience of using SAP ECC/APO.
- Excellent planning and analytical skills
- Good understanding of supply chain processes.
- Experience in production planning in FMCG or manufacturing environment.
- Proficient on Microsoft Excel (Advanced)
- Sound understanding of Business Operations.
- Ability to work in a Team Environment.
- Qualification – Supply chain/Logistics degree or similar.
- Experience – Minimum 5 years of planning, preferably FMCG
- Strong analytical, planning and problem solving skills.
- Results orientated and organized with the ability to plan and deliver against deadlines
- Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the costs, production, manufacturing and customer order fulfilment.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Good communicator with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail skills.
The company will provide remuneration and benefits relevant and appropriate to the position. Preference will be given to Historically Disadvantaged South African (HDSA) candidates.
The health and safety of McCain employees and their families has been our number one priority since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. Supported by science, and in line with our culture and values, we believe that being vaccinated is the most effective way to protect each other, our families, our customers, and our communities. It is therefore a requirement that the successful candidate for this role be fully vaccinated and have completed the mandatory incubation period prior to the candidate’s start date with McCain, subject to reasonable accommodations if you are unable to be vaccinated for protected grounds under applicable human rights legislation (e.g. medical or religious reasons).
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Supply Chain & Logistics
Division: South Africa
Department: Material Planning Management
Location(s): ZA – South Africa : Gauteng : Katlehong || ZA – South Africa : Eastern Cape : Port Elizabeth || ZA – South Africa : Free State : Bloemfontein || ZA – South Africa : Gauteng : Bapsfontein || ZA – South Africa : Gauteng : Bedfordview || ZA – South Africa : Gauteng : Bronkhorstspruit || ZA – South Africa : Gauteng : Johannesburg || ZA – South Africa : Gauteng : Springs || ZA – South Africa : KwaZulu-Natal : Durban || ZA – South Africa : Limpopo : Marble Hall || ZA – South Africa : Mpumalanga : Delmas || ZA – South Africa : North West : Lichtenburg || ZA – South Africa : Other : Reference job description || ZA – South Africa : Western Cape : CapeTown || ZA – South Africa : Western Cape : George
Company: McCain Foods (S Africa)
Company: McCain Foods
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Katlehong, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A