This work as a career listing is about FAO in Kathmandu, Bāgmatī, Nepal 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The Programme Assistant performs a wide range of routine administrative and financial functions in support of the delivery of the office’s programme and projects.
The Programme Assistant reports to one or more professional staff and receives guidance from a higher graded Office Assistant. He/she acts independently in routine matters. Supervision received is focused on the quality of the work performed and provides for on-the-job learning.
The Programme Assistant interacts with a wide variety of colleagues within the work unit and with immediate clients within the Organization, providing routine administrative and financial services.
- Collect and compile data on programme/project activities to support reporting on programme/project delivery.
- Provide information on programme/project expenditures and status of programme/project budget.
- Process, format and proof-read reports, documents, publications and correspondence related to the work of the unit from draft texts.
- Review and direct correspondence, calls and queries to appropriate contacts; provide for background information; respond to routine enquiries.
- Make arrangements for meetings, seminars and events: implement logistics, prepare correspondence, compile and distribute documents, make administrative arrangements.
- Initiate and follow up on administrative and financial actions related to staff management, non-staff support, travel, payments and procurement.
- Perform other duties as required.
Impact Of Work
The incumbent’s work impacts on the timely and efficient delivery of the immediate work unit’s programme.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Education: Secondary School Education.
Experience: Three years of relevant experience in financial and/or administrative support work.
Languages: Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English.
IT Skills: Good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
Residency: General Service Staff are recruited locally. To be eligible for this position, candidates must be nationals of the country of the duty station or possess an existing visa/work permit, and reside within commuting distance of the duty station at the time of the application. “Commuting distance” means the distance within which staff members can travel daily between their place of work and their residence.
- Results Focus
- Team Work
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good knowledge of corporate information systems.
- Good knowledge of common administrative and financial rules and regulations.
- Good knowledge of communication and documentation standards.
Desirable Qualifications And Skills
- Experience in supporting senior staff in collecting and compiling analysis of quantitative and qualitative project information and preparing related periodic reports.
- Experience in supporting monitoring, evaluation and reporting-related activities.
Call For Expressions Of Interest – Vacancy Announcement
15/Dec/2022, 11:59:00 PM
Type of Requisition
Fixed-term: 2 years with possibility of extension
Staff in the General Service category are recruited locally from the Primary Location area, which is where the office is located.
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- FAO staff are subject to the authority of the Director-General, who may assign them to any of the activities or offices of the Organization.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) contributes to the achievement of the 2030 Agenda through the FAO Strategic Framework by supporting the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agrifood systems, for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kathmandu, Bāgmatī, Nepal
Application Deadline: N/A