Website Save the Children International
This work as a career listing is about Save the Children International in Freetown, Western Area, Sierra Leone 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
The Role: Project Director – Sierra Leone Education Innovation Challenge
Save the Children is recruiting for an upcoming multi-year, multi-district, outcomes-based financed education project in Sierra Leone, entitled the Sierra Leone Education Innovation Challenge. The Programme Director will provide strategic leadership to the programme, ensuring intended outcomes are met in accordance with the overall agreement and internationally recognised quality standards and requirements. The postholder will lead the programme implementation team, maintaining a work environment that promotes teamwork, trust, mutual respect, and empowers staff to take responsibility. As well as overall programme management, they will be responsible for adjusting our interventions and approach where / if needed to ensure intended outcomes are met and to a high quality. This position will be key in coordinating and communicating with relevant high-level stakeholders during the programme. The role will require leadership and management of what will be a complex, high profile programme, with a significant focus on outcomes. In addition to requiring education technical expertise, the role will also require strong MEAL, gender, social inclusion, adaptive management and results-based financing knowledge and experience. Female are strongly encouraged to apply.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (desirable)
Degree in development studies, other social sciences or related field of study.
Postgraduate degree/ postgraduate diploma is an advantage
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 10 years of relevant programming experience, with 5 of these in management roles: education, gender equality-related programming, community engagement, social accountability, adolescent sexual reproductive health, girls’ education, youth-focused programming, community development, and/or related programming.
- At least 5 years of experience in community centred programming, which may include community engagement, community mobilisation, social accountability
- At least 5 years of experience in either education programming and / or SRH programming.
- Experience providing technical leadership to programmes with results-based or outcomes-based financing.
- Previous experience in the Sierra Leone or West African context.
- Proven experience in all aspects of programme management, including design, planning, implementation, and monitoring/evaluation.
- Proven experience with financial management; management of programme grants and budgets of over 4-5 million USD is an advantage.
- Experience in integrating gender, diversity and other power related issues into program activities.
- Experience in managing programme teams, including coordinators, across multiple geographic sites, including staff development, coaching, and performance management.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, use of qualitative and quantitative data to analyse progress in programmes, and the use of logical or results frameworks, theories of change, etc.
- Substantial experience and skills in establishing and maintaining external relations with government, community stakeholders and civil society.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; excellent documentation and report-writing skills.
- Proficiency in computer e.g. MS Word, MS Power Point and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in working with local/national civil society partners, managing partner contracts and relationships, ensuring mutual and institutional capacity building, joint monitoring, etc.
- Child participation: experience in implementing programmes or activities directly with/for children.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically.
- Willing to commit to Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Experience in more than one country is an advantage.
- Ability to be self-sufficient and resourceful, proactive in identifying and addressing challenges, yet consulting and asking for assistance as neededelevant.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project communities and stay in basic conditions.
Additional job responsibilities
- The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the Post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 months with possibility of extension
Closing date: 30th December, 2022. -Kindly note that this publication is a rolling recruitment and CVs will be reviewed periodically while the original advert is live.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Applicants are advised that
Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance for dual employment. Any request in this direction should be immediately
Please apply using a cover letter and an up-to-date CV as a single document with details of your salary expectations.
- Candidates should know that Save the Children is no longer using for job advertisements and therefore candidates should apply through the link that will be provided by Careers. sl.
- Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their applications
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Company: Save the Children International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Freetown, Western Area, Sierra Leone
Application Deadline: N/A