This Job Listing is about EnerSys in Sumter, SC 2022
About the job
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products. We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring all employees possess the following core competencies: customer focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication skills, and works safely.
Motive Power applications include industrial lift trucks and pallet jacks, rail equipment, mining equipment, and airline ground support equipment. Some of the motive power brands include Hawker, Ironclad, General Battery, and Fiamm. Wherever there is a need for motive power, EnerSys offers the perfect energy solution.
Conduct evaluations and analyzes materials, products, and processes using Quality techniques and procedures.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Monitor process and conduct evaluations to ensure conformance to engineering and manufacturing standards
- Conduct qualifications and capability studies
- Conduct calibrations for electrical and mechanical test and measurement equipment
- Maintain calibration standards and inspection records
- Perform inspections on purchased and manufactured product as required by procedures
- Provide support and assistance in problem identification and resolution
- No supervisory responsibilities for this role
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to do basic math.
- Ability to read, write, and understand the local language.
- Possess a valid forklift driver’s license.
- 4-year technical degree or 2 years quality experience in a manufacturing environment
General Job Requirements
- Must be able to frequently bend; twist; reach; stoop; kneel or crouch.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds/11.5 kilos on occasions.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Employees are responsible for wearing the required Personal Protective Equipment in the proper manner at all times.
- Must be able and willing to work varying schedules which may include nights, weekends, and public holidays.
- This position is exposed to harmful materials such as lead/fiberglass products. Periodic blood tests are required to measure the level of lead. Precautions are taken by the company/employee to reduce the risk of exposure and help ensure everyones safety.
- This position requires working in a plant/warehouse environment. Therefore, expect varying working conditions.
EnerSys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Sumter, SC
Application Deadline: N/A