Defense and Space Manufacturing
Will support the logistic supply chain function of Vectrus HQ as well as regional logistics operations support . This position requires a strong background in logistics with proven accomplishments with cross-functional teamwork, experience working with remote teams and solid negotiation skills. As such, we are seeking someone with excellent communication and leadership skills to act as a main interface for vendors and subcontractors within their assigned scope. Will support the Senior Transportation Manager in working with logistics providers in all aspects to meet fulfillment to the program sites. Must be comfortable in working with subcontractors/suppliers and providing a summary of the discussion.
Experience working with international companies who are not used to working under a US Government prime contract and the patience and ability to coach them through the process. The Regional Logistics Specialist works with the various Programs and Corporate and Regional Supply Chain staff (Purchasing and Logistics) to ensure materials and resources flow through the system in a timely manner. The specialist must have good planning skills and the ability to anticipate problems and develop a plan of action to prevent delays in the delivery workflow. Specialist must communicate with individuals at different levels in the organization and may be required to prepare budget, discrepancy, tracing, time of delivery, delay, and develop KPI standards. Knowledge of military freight is strongly preferred, along with personal property rate computations, packaging methods; hazardous cargo requirements; blocking, bracing, and tiedown principles; and carrier capabilities and procedures for movement, cargo, and personal property in military and commercial air, ground, and sea.
Strong candidates will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience performing in a logistics capacity. Must be capable of working independently in a high paced, demanding environment with minimal error rate. Comfortable with frequently adjusting priorities to include new taskings with little to no advance notice. Responsible for protecting the legal and financial interest of Vectrus Systems Corporation during all discussions and interactions with customers and suppliers. Supports all internal and external audits, and provides program support to both internal and external customers. Operates under the functional guidance of Supply Chain organization and Corporate Purchasing Manual.
- Qualifies logistics suppliers, supports the RFP process, assists with evaluating proposals, supports the documenting of cost and/or price analysis, and assists the SCA in maintaining compliant subcontract files in accordance with established procedures and FAR guidelines Coordinate International Shipments
- Partner with internal stakeholders to participate in the development of logistics strategies in support of the long-range plans
- Establish and facilitate the business relationship with key logistics suppliers and subcontractors.
- Uses judgment to interpret internal and external issues and develop best practices
- Makes recommendations to management on subcontract issues and concerns.
- Assists in coordination with other functional areas on matters related to logistics; prepares responses as necessary to customer correspondence and other requests
- Identify, qualify and formalize which logistics suppliers should be on a preferred supplier list. Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment
- Uses specialized knowledge to solve lower complexity problems
- Ability to prioritize, schedule, organize, focus on, and complete work
- Work with Vendor Portal (Inbound TMS)
- Coordinate Dock Scheduling & Dock Manager
- Integration with Freight Matching Platforms
- Integration with Real Time Track/Trace Platforms
- Bill of Lading Generation
- Electronic Tendering – All Carriers
- Broadcast Tendering
- Shipment Status Updates via EDI/API
- Shipment Status Updates via Carrier Portal
- Calculate/Predict ETA
- Perform Multi-modal Carrier Rate Comparison
- Request Spot Quotes via Carrier Bids
- Coordinate International Shipments
- Multi-modal Carrier Rate Comparison
- Prepare Logistics Reports
- Prepare Accrual Reports
- Prepare Carrier Management Reports
- Prepare User Management Reports
- Develop and use Dashboards
- Conduct internal audits and report findings to Director Materials Management
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA Degree
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in a professional business environment
- Prefer a minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in a logistics organization
- Desirable but not mandatory:
- Experience managing contracts, subcontracts, or material purchases (experience in support of a US Government prime contract preferred)
- Possesses analytical and interpersonal skills in order to perform the job
- Good problem solving, negotiation and organizational skills/techniques
- Strong communicator
- Functionally skilled in Microsoft Office products including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook
- Must have a strong working knowledge of logistics management.
- Must interact effectively with vendors, shippers and our program customers ensuring effective communication.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word to generate reports required to inform management of the status of all inbound freight, delivery status, and delays affecting invoicing.
- Strong background in the use of automated tracking and traffic systems.
- Have sound judgement and be able to make good logistics business decisions.
- Have broad based understanding of matters that relate to the various program operational priorities.
- Will develop standards to move material on land, sea, and air
- Green or Black Belt Six Sigma Certification preferred