Website Amnesty International
This work as a career listing is about Amnesty International in محافظة عدن مدينة عدن اليمن 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
The Researcher will lead on the development and implementation of overarching research and campaigning strategies to deliver impact in relation to agreed priorities, providing research expertise, research management, political judgment and analytical, communication and representational skills.
You will have previous knowledge and experience of conducting research on various human rights issues across Yemen. You will be fluent speaking in English and Arabic, with written skills also.
- To lead on the development and implementation of overarching research and campaigning strategies to deliver impact in relation to agreed priorities on countries or other geographical or thematic areas, including strategies to identify the most effective ways to address human rights concerns; and to lead on designing specific projects and producing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating plans for both these and initiatives begun by others
- To monitor, research, investigate and analyse human rights-related developments in order to provide timely, accurate, independent and impartial assessments and expert advice on the human rights situation in relevant countries
- To manage research, oversee the research work carried out by the team and others and, as appropriate, to contribute to the selection of external consultants and supervise, support, coordinate and provide expert advice on their work
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience of undertaking research on human rights or related issues
- Ability to understand and express ideas in English and Arabic in a fluent, clear and concise way, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights, e.g. through previous work,
- Specialist knowledge and preferably first-hand experience of the geographical and/or thematic areas in your brief and an in-depth understanding of the nature of key human rights concerns, as well as political, social, legal, economic, cultural, ethnic, racial and gender issues in them;
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 10 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world.
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they’re denied. And whether we’re applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we’re all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
Benefits include 37 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and grace days), pension scheme, employee assistance programme, life assurance and many more benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional, engaging environment.
For further information on our benefits, please visit https://www.amnesty.org/en/careers/benefits/
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click ‘Apply for this Role’ below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let’s get to work.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.
Company: Amnesty International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: محافظة عدن مدينة عدن اليمن
Application Deadline: N/A