Website SSE Renewables
This work as a career listing is about SSE Renewables in Glasgow,Scotland,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
About the job
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that’s more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About The Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK or Ireland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant, Belfast or Dublin.
Salary: £37,600 – £56,400 depending on skills and experience + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our GIS Team within Capital Projects, supporting the delivery of SSER’s multi-billion pound offshore wind farm pipeline – from the early stages of development through to construction.
Some of your main accountabilities for this role will include;
- The provision of maps, plans and drawings to support the development process for offshore wind farms.
- The submission of Planning Applications and Environmental Statements, such as elevation maps, cable routes, constraints/ecology plans and landowner boundaries.
- The sourcing and management of spatial data sets.
- Ensuring the management and upkeep of geographic information, associated with metadata and attribute information.
- Working directly with Project and Consent Managers, other team members and consultants to progress the submission of development projects for consenting.
- In this position, flexible monthly visits to our Glasgow office will be required, in addition to occasional attendance of public exhibitions to present project information.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Degree level qualification in a geography or environmental based discipline which covers the use of GIS.
- A strong understanding of the ESRI suite of GIS software, or extensive experience working with GIS in a relevant sector.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, allowing you to liaise with a variety of stakeholders and interact with multi-disciplined project teams.
- A proactive and self-motivated approach with the ability to problem solve and deal with competing demands, with an excellent attention to detail.
- Experience in the sourcing, management and upkeep of spatial data sets and associated metadata and attribute information.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 275199.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
Company: SSE Renewables
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glasgow,Scotland,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A