This Job Listing is about TotalEnergies in Johannesburg Metropolitan Area 2022
About the job
Description Du Poste
As a Retail Sales Manager , you will be responsible for the following activities :
The RFSM manages the implementation of the network strategy and long-term plan in order to deliver the results expected from the country :
- To analyse the environment from a fuel and shop, food, restaurant/quality service and wash/lubes (“diversification”) perspective and the markets in which he / she operates to identify opportunities and threats.
- To determine the network pricing policy and to ensure compliance at station level (in close collaboration with General Manager, Retail Regional Sales Managers, Network Optimiser) through recommending, implementing and managing pricing, rebates and discounting levels.
- To influence the network development policy in nationally (site creation, modernization, adaptation, closure) in close collaboration with Retail Investment / Development team through ensuring that RSMs and TMs, at least once a year, organize and lead a NFT meeting with maintenance, SFS, management, optimization, development…
- To develop the national network budget, set targets for stations, fuels, lubricants, SFS …
- To develop a long-term plan nationally, determines forecasts for stations, fuels, lubricants, SFS…
- To ensure compliance with business processes developed centrally and deployed by the regions.
- To monitor Dealer Margins (RAS and Dry Stock, shop rentals) and recommend changes if necessary.
- To ensure all costing associated with clients and stations are accounted for.
- To ensure that procurement requirements are communicated in advance to the procurement team.
- To ensure the collection of under recoveries and payment defaults.
- To monitor the level of GMVE and NCA by site level
- To manage appropriation, committing and liquidation of capital expenditure to assist with Investments of the division,
- To manage the process of Sales Forecasting per customer.
- To manage customer accounts, errors and reconciliation and ensure customer service delivery.
- To organize two Business Reviews per year and per Territory Manager to ensure the effectiveness and success of action plans and to take corrective action where necessary.
- To make regularly station visits with RSMs / TM’s (min 50% of time in the field)
- To ensure dealers undergo training programs prescribed by Training Manager
- To ensure all sites take advantage of promotions and marketing activities to ensure marketing objectives are reached
- To ensure SALSA absorption in applied through planning and tracking of A-calls, action items and prospects
- To approve the placement of dealers.
- To approve the investment at site level in line with delegation of authority.
The Profit & Loss (P&L) Approach:
- To develop a budget nationally, region, and stationwise for all activites
- To validate the economic elements of contracts (P&L, WCR, Financing Plan) for financial dealers as well as for young dealers
- To manage and oversee the individual contract negotiation with dealers
- To validate and supervise financial controls conducted in stations
- To ensure the optimisation of rental income while preserving a financial balance for dealers to ensure the sustainability of their business
- To oversee the recruitment of dealers and to develop a mobility policy to help promote the most deserving dealers
Wet Stock process:
- To be responsible for wet stock flows and management of all sites
- To assist in the investigation, management and resolving of SOC wet-stock losses
- To ensure that dealers/contractors adhere to Wetstock policies and procedures
- To ensure that dealers/contractors control delivery and unloading of product on site
- To monitor error transactions, investigate and route to relevant areas
- To attend and contribute to monthly Wet-stock Committee reviews organised by wet-stock management team
The RSM leads, sets goals, mentors, measures, and controls a team of / RSMs / TMs with help from the Network Optimizer
- To recruit new network staff (RSMs / TM’s) in close collaboration with HR
- To ensure that his / her team is properly trained for the tasks they must perform
- To determine and ensure compliance to the level of delegation granted to his / her direct reports
- To review the performance of his / her team quarterly via the VCS scheme and annually to ensure that “the right person is in the right position” (skills / training)
- To ensure that all dealers/site managers are informed of the affiliate’s strategy at least once a year
- To apply and ensure compliance to the HSSEQ of property and persons policy, local by-laws, standards and legislation so as to minimise risk pertaining to company assets and protection of life
- To ensure effective risk management and internal control, including asset management, for area of responsibility
- To ensure Procurement Policies and procedures are adhered to especially with regards to goods or services received, within specified sales region
- To ensure business rules for Asset Management are adhered to, the monthly AUC report is acted upon and the Asset survey is completed
Contexte et Environnement
The role of the National Fuel Sales Manager is complex, having to manage the relationship and contract with the dealer in an environment where support is required from various internal parties. The person needs to build internal relationships for the support required and work cross functionally in order to achieve goals – ultimately the RSM is accountable for everything that happens in all the regions. The further complexity is to manage the tension between a healthy relationship with a dealer, whilst looking out for the interests of the company (e.g. maximizing marketing benefits and profitability for both dealers and TMSA)
With the new role of the P&L Approach and managing the Young Dealer program the knowledge and skills required to be successful ranges between HR, marketing, technical and financial acumen. Ultimately to be in a position to identify financially viable solutions for each service station within the agreed operating model and convince dealers to adopt this solution
As Retail Sales Manager your
- Business Degree and at least 5 years of relevant experience gained in a petrochemical sales environment,
- Understanding of TMSA Network and supporting functions business models and processes,
- Knowledge and deep entrenchment of Total’s ambitions and values as well as roadmaps, including TMSA’s policies and procedures
- People Management & Communication Skills
- English is the working language
Sales general responsibilities, Sales, Marketing
Région, département, localité
Niveau d’expérience requis
Minimum 6 years
TotalEnergies Marketing South Africa (Pty) Ltd
Marketing & Services
A propos de nous/Profil de l’entreprise
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Johannesburg Metropolitan Area
Application Deadline: N/A