This Job Listing is about GS in Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa 2022
About the job
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
Sales Executive (Technology Guarding)
G4S Secure Solutions (SA), a leading global integrated security solutions company, has a vacancy for a Sales Executive (Technology or Guarding) based at our offices in Cape Town.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the key purpose of this role is the development and growth of guarding and systems business in a specific geographical area.
The position requires at 3-5 years experience in a professional sales environment with a proven track record of closing deals and achieving targets. Relevant industry related experience essential, recommended,advantageous. Previous experience in technology products such as biometrics, CCTV, electric fencing, alarms etc essential
The successful incumbent is a self starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which sales and marketing plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Effective compilation of sales quotations and tender documentation in the region in compliance with business strategy
- Effective application and control of company selling price list as per mark-up margins in line with sales strategy.
- Finalize and accept customer quotations
- Effective management of company policies and procedures.
- Prepare and submit sales proposals and tenders to prospective customers.
- Liaise with National Bid team on quality and consistency of sales tenders/bids
Effective development of new business in line with sales targets
- Ensure effective development of sales of new and existing product lines
- Identification of potential new business opportunities for security solutions through consultation and cooperation with operational management and Sales Manager with planned prospecting, leads, cold calling, tender notices.
- Arrange and conduct meetings with new and existing business prospects where appropriate, to market G4S integrated security solutions.
- Conduct / arrange site surveys to identify risks and develop appropriate solution to do system design in order to meet customer needs.
- Conduct competitor evaluations to identify risks and develop appropriate solutions through thorough understanding of the competitor environment faced by the region. Liaise with operations on competitor analysis to share knowledge and focus on viable business opportunities.
- Reach and achieve sales targets, focusing on high margin business, and developing business near operational centers
Effective performance and reporting of sales and administrative activities and functions
- Preparation and submission of weekly sales call sheet report:
- Signed business
- Ensure that a customer file is maintained
- Ensure effective maintenance of the Sales system updating quotation information, leads and prospects
Customer Retention and corporate account management
- Monitor relationship with designated top customers, scheduling regular visits to ascertain customer satisfaction
- Conduct customer satisfaction surveys
- Achieve customer retention targets and KPIs
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a professional sales environment (industry related experience advantageous or essential or recommended) with a proven track record of closing deals and achieving targets
- Experienced in dealing with senior executives.
- Previous experience in technology products such as biometrics, CCTV, electric fencing, alarms etc essential
- A capable communicator with good English language skills.
- Experience in long sales cycles essential
- Demonstrated ability to deal with high profile individuals
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of project management and be able to formulate accurate proposals/tenders from start to finish (Essential)
- History of successful execution.
- Experience in Business Development, essential
Knowledge, Skills And Attributes
- Communication (Written and Verbal)
- Awareness of the market environment
- Driving Delivery
- Customer Thinking
- Professional Credibility
- Delivering objectives
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens or those with a valid SA work permit, will have a distinct advantage.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A