This Job Listing is about PayJoy in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa 2022
About the job
With over three million customers trusting PayJoy, it’s increasingly important that our apps and services operate with integrity and high availability while keeping our customers’ data confidential.
You will contribute to the mission of delivering consumer finance at scale. One of the many reasons PayJoy develops innovative products is because of the collaborative work of our teams that enable consumer finance in emerging markets. This person will help drive the growth of PayJoy’s innovative smartphone service in the South Africa market.
You will build on the success of PayJoy’s phone financing business to meet ambitious growth goals. You will work with teams across the company as well as external partners to ensure a successful operation. You are dynamic, results-driven and enjoy a high-change environment. You’ll be responsible for supporting the Informal Retail expansion in the informal sector, building solid relationships, and increasing sales figures.
- Develop new partnerships in the informal retail sector to increase business results.
- Scale the adoption of PayJoy products by our partners’ field force at the Point-of-Sale by ensuring their teams are well trained and have the appropriate support.
- Serve as a client advocate and liaison for internal teams.
- Generate sales reports for team clarity
- Monitor and provide guidance for continuous process improvement.
- 2+ years of experience with account management/trade marketing. Preferably working with mobile, consumer electronics, or financial products.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Solid customer facing background and successful assessment of customer needs from the market. Experience in training and onboarding new commercial partners.
- Travel, Own vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Urdu / Hindi speaking is preferred.
- Ability to work well individually, within a cross functional team.
- Knowledge using GSuite and Microsoft office tools.
- Medical insurance: May expense up to R9,360 per month (on condition that you have a medical plan in place)
- Retirement: 3% of monthly salary (on condition that you have a retirement plan in place)
- Company holidays; 15 days vacation (20 at 3rd year); statutory sick leave
- Annual fitness benefit (R7,500); professional development benefit (R30,000); and international travel benefit (R30,000)
PayJoy’s mission is to deliver access to credit to the next billion people in emerging markets worldwide. Our unique mobile locking technology gives customers the ability to afford their first smartphone on credit, using the phone itself as collateral, and then provides further access to credit to help weather life’s unexpected financial surprises and climb the ladder of economic well-being.
Founded in 2015, today PayJoy has reached millions of customers in a dozen countries around the globe, including Mexico, Brazil, India, Kenya, and South Africa, and is on a strong growth path with support from major industry partners to bring credit to millions in the near future.
PayJoy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Finance for the next billion * Ownership * Break Through Walls * Live Communication * Transparency & Directness * Focus on Scale * Work-Life Balance * Embrace Diversity * Speed
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A