Website Discovery Limited
This work as a career listing is about Discovery Limited in Gauteng,SouthAfrica 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
About the job
Employee Health Solutions Is An Area That Houses Discovery Health’s New Market Businesses, Including
Discovery Health has defined as one of its key objectives – the growth of the business and its earnings from non-scheme business. This objective necessitates the development of new innovative health and wellness products that add value to employers, employees and individual members. This strategic thrust will enable richer integration of Discovery Health as a key strategic partner in the comprehensive management of the health and wellness of its clients. Leveraging Discovery’s unique IP and shared value model, Discovery Health will drive to grow in new markets and be a leader, offering superior and innovative products and achieving the greatest market share.
- Healthy Company
- Prepaid for corporates
- Gap Cover
- Healthcare fund
- And any other solutions that may be developed in future to add value to employers and their employees
The Segment Support Manager will support the Managing Executive within the New Markets Division, Employee Health Solutions portfolio by : .
- Taking ownership of projects that support the realisation of segment strategies;
- Enable and operationalise strategic initiatives of the New Markets division with segment nuances.
- Provide support to ensure the acquisition of new business and activities that support new business development
Key Outputs May Include But Are Not Limited To
- Detailed research and analysis to provide substance to the ideas and direction of the employer executive team;
- Project ownership and or project management of strategic initiatives;
- Management of business reporting and compliance for the business to internal and external stakeholders;
- Compilation of presentations and speeches for delivery by the executive team to both internal and external audiences;
- Input into operational design and process efficiencies;
- Preparation of proposals for strategic partnerships, new business and new products for both external and internal distribution;
- Drive translation of business strategy into operational execution
- Support product design and guide and influence design of processes to enable delivery
- Collaborating with teams such as R&D, marketing, sales and corporate relationship management to ensure that the strategy and set standards are achieved.
Role Specific Attributes
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and research skills;
- Creative thinking and the ability to operationalise innovation;
- An ability to deal with complex issues as well as migrate between detail and high level requirements;
- Drive and commitment to exceed expectations;
- Reliability and dependability – can be counted on;
- Ability to influence and negotiate with impact across divisions and teams at all levels, and with external parties;
- A thorough understanding of business dynamics and strategic challenges;
- Sophisticated written and verbal communication skills for executive-level internal and external delivery;
- Commitment to excellence and;
- An ability to deal with ambiguity and continuous change.
- A minimum of 3 – 4 years Health Care and Insurance business experience with clear leadership responsibility for key business objectives
- Extensive business and/or technical experience with a proven track record of innovation, entrepreneurship, delivery and performance
- Management consulting experience is advantageous
- Operations and service experience is advantageous
- Discovery business knowledge and experience advantageous
Technical Skills Or Knowledge
- Employer solutions
- Analytical thinking and ability to formulate compelling business cases
- A completed business-related tertiary qualification
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Company: Discovery Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gauteng,SouthAfrica
Application Deadline: N/A