Website Tricap Residential Group
This Job Listing is about Tricap Residential Group in United States 2022
About the job
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Do you consider yourself to have the following innate job traits?
- Proactive and future thinking
- Self-confident but able to be a team player
- Comfortable in a position that has an environment of some ambiguity
- Are structured and skilled in your area of expertise
- Work well in compliance with process and procedures
- Make decisions with a balance of subjective and objective analysis
- Prefer to maintain control of the goals and direction and will closely monitor the structure and processes of the work assignment
- Focused on the goals and methodical completion of projects assigned
- Comfortable developing systems and processes to assist in the management of others
- Comfortable working with data and processes and with social collaboration
- Typically respond positively to unpredictable situations or problems that can occur throughout your work responsibilities
- If these traits resonate with you, coupled with industry knowledge and experience, this position is a great match for you.
WHAT IS THE ROLE?
Tricap Residential Group seeks to hire a Senior Accounting Associate to join our portfolio. Our team is goal driven and fast paced. We operate with the expectation of extreme ownership and accountability. We need to find that individual to round out our Accounting team who will bolster the performance of our growing portfolio to ensure that we meet our operational objectives while maintaining our commitment to our owners and investors. This is a growth opportunity that will be foundational to our Asset Management division. Be a part of a team that provides quality, speed, and service to our customers. Embody the Tricap Core Values through leading by example and making a difference by helping others live better lives.
Responsible for all Accounting workflow-transactions for all properties.
Must be able to “manage” the day-to-day accounting transactions for all properties including
Accounts Payable processing and management
Code and Enter invoices as required
Accounts Payable ACH setup, Payments and reconciliation
Vendor Statement reconciliations
Vendor Maintenance assistance as needed – Real Page & Entrata Vendor Credentialling Integration
Accounts Receivable collections and Management
Scan one off checks that come into the office
Work with outsourced accounting department for coding
Maintain dashboard for un-assigned invoices
Follow up with approvers when invoices are beginning to age
Banking & Cash Management
Initiate one-off electronic payments related to operating expenses
Identify & aid in implementation of process improvement opportunities and initiatives
Maintain good working knowledge of all third-party accounting systems
Participate in implementation & training related to any system updates or transitions
Manage distribution of mail from virtual mailbox.
Complete thorough review of monthly financial reports completed by third-party accounting group, including thorough understanding of construction related accounts; provide feedback and updates as needed.
Internal Controls / Policy & Procedures
Assist Controller with the oversight, compliance and enforcement of accounting policy and Internal Control procedures
Acquisitions & Dispositions
Provide setup information to third-party accounting group for accounting system setup
Monitor cash activity after closing, including resident receipts, and invoices and vendor payments
Other duties as assigned
Strong knowledge of GAAP Accounting
Must have minimum of 3 years of Real Estate Development / Construction or Residential property management experience
Hands-on approach to accounting- must be willing to “roll-up” sleeves and know the Accounting at each entity level in detail
Working knowledge and experience with Entrata & Property Management software is a plus
Proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel
Ability to learn and implement new software
Ability to assist leadership team in the planning, organizing, implementing, evaluation, and modification of financial and budget programs, informational support systems and processes
Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections
B.S. degree with concentration in Accounting or Finance highly preferred
Minimum of 3 year’s experience with the day-today Accounting workflow Solid analytical, quantitative, and organizational skills
Attention to accuracy and detail required
Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
WHO WE ARE:
Tricap at its core is a real estate execution firm. We find opportunities, we are creating a vision of where we want to take that opportunity, and we are driving the execution of the deal.
Our passion is about Service and Value. We seek to provide exceptional service to our residents and teammates. We produce high quality apartments at a value that is unmatched in the market. We do this by fostering a culture of leadership and accountability, and our goal is to be the best-in-class multifamily deal execution firm in the country.
TRICAP CORE VALUES:
1. Trust- You excel at creating and fostering relationships that are based on trust with both internal and external customers.
2. Be Honest and Humble- There is no “I” in Team. You know that, you live by that, and everything that you do helps the team to win.
3. Take Ownership- You own your workload, your challenges, and your mistakes (there might be one or two). You take the initiative to ask for help when needed and help others if you see them struggling.
4. Exceed Expectations- You are not satisfied with completing the bare minimum requirements, you strive to “wow” every time.
WHAT WE OFFER:
● Medical Insurance
● Vision Insurance
● Dental Insurance
● Short-term Disability
● Life Insurance
● 401(k) matching
● Life insurance
● Paid time off
● Company Holidays plus a floating holiday (free choice!)
● Referral program
● Housing Discount
● Employee Education Reimbursement
● Philanthropy Time
Interested but don’t quite fit all the criteria? We welcome you to apply anyway. At Tricap, we look to hire the person, their drive, and their passion; and we recognize that hard skills can be learned.
Tricap is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates employees and applicants of all identities, backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives. We foster a welcoming work environment that supports diversity and inclusion, and we reject discrimination or harassment of any individual. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with any part of the application process, please let us know. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Company: Tricap Residential Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A