Website Recruiting from Scratch
This work as a career listing is about Recruiting from Scratch in Ca Charlotte, Sud Department, Haiti 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more.
If you are a fit, the team will reach out to you about this role or any others that may be a fit for our clients.
A pioneer in K–12 education since 2000, our client is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Their captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Their formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Their programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, our client serves five million students in all 50 states.
Our client is a leader in creating immersive, rigorous digital learning experiences that look great, play great, and help students expect great things of themselves. Our client has been described as the best tech company in education, and the best education company in tech.
As an engineer, you will join a talented team tackling the toughest problems in education with the best ideas in technology – including user experience, APIs and services, data analysis, and deployment pipelines. You’ll play an active role in imagining and improving product design and the classroom experience.
What You’ll Do
Their data team builds, augments, and maintains the infrastructure that empowers teams across our client and their customers to make sense of and tell stories with their data. They believe strongly in teaching their teammates to serve themselves, within a safe, reliable, and agile environment. You’ll be building data systems, but also the sharing-and-learning culture so that every team uses these tools to improve their own lives, and those of their students and teachers.
- Impress the toughest customers around – students – by:
- helping teams create fun, compelling apps by leveraging millions of data point
- Make life better for passionate teachers by:
- helping teachers understand their students by building reusable data pipelines
- Make life better for passionate, Marketing and Sales teams by:
- using REST APIs for sourcing/sending data to SaaS like Salesforce and Hubspot
- Help school administrators build great schools by:
- respecting privacy and ensuring security while offering useful insights by making smart choices in tech stack, database design, and encryption
- helping school principals understand how teachers are teaching and how students are learning by architecting data warehouse schemas and SQL transforms with just the right CTEs, window functions, and pivots
- analyzing performance and squashing tricky bugs using tools like Snowflake, Matillion, SQL, Python, Looker, and Datadog
- Learn every day by:
- immersing oneself in agile rituals and leveraging their infrastructure
- leading collaboration, pull request-ing, and mentoring on a cross-functional team
- participating in cross-team share-outs, brownbags, and workshop series
- becoming an expert in the data models and standards within our client and the educational industry in order to deliver quality and consistent solutions
Example Projects You Might Work On:
- Building well-tested and optimized ETL data pipelines for both full and delta extraction
- Collaborating with data scientists to store, aggregate, and calculate captured students’ work
- Contributing to leading industry data standards, such as Caliper Analytics or xAPI
- Improving their deployment and testing automation data pipelines
- BS in Computer Science, Data Science, or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional software development or data engineering experience
- Proven fluency in SQL and a development language such as Python
- Strong CS and data engineering fundamentals, and the wisdom to know when they’re relevant
- Strong knowledge of SQL, of datastores and their tradeoffs (including relational, columnar, and document stores), data modeling, data structures, data manipulation
- Strong knowledge of ETL/ELT pipeline design, tooling, and support
- Proven ability to architect, implement, and optimize high throughput data pipelines
- Experience deploying production systems in the cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Strong communication skills in writing, conversation, and maybe silly gifs
Extra Credit For:
- Experience with tools we use every day:
- Storage: Snowflake, AWS Storage Services (S3, RDS, Glacier, DynamoDB), Parquet, Postgres
- ETL/BI: Matillion, Looker,Airflow, dbt
- Cloud Infrastructure: AWS Kinesis, Lambda, API Gateway, Terraform
- Experience with tools we don’t use and their effective application
- Proven passion and talent for teaching fellow engineers and non-engineers
- Experience with encryption at rest, including multiple approaches and tradeoffs
- Proven passion for building and learning: open source contributions, pet projects, self-education, Stack Overflow
- Experience in education or ed-tech
Benefits: PTO, Healthcare, and more!
Base Salary Range: $130,000-140,000
Company: Recruiting from Scratch
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ca Charlotte, Sud Department, Haiti
Application Deadline: N/A