Website HM Revenue Customs
This work as a career listing is about HM Revenue Customs in Manchester,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
About the job
Apply before 11:55 pm on Thursday 15th September
Location: Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Telford, or Worthing. We offer a hybrid working model that allows you to work between home and office locations, giving you greater flexibility about where and when you work. Occasional travel to other sites will be required.
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
You’ll be joining the team at an exciting and vital time in our digital development, where you’ll work collaboratively and enthusiastically to increase inclusion and accessibility to HMRC information and services, especially where digital exclusion already exists.
We’re seeking a dynamic individual with enthusiasm and initiative to support HMRC in building digital services for everyone. You’ll use your personal impact and outstanding communication skills to ensure that our commitments to accessibility are met.
As a Senior Digital Inclusion & Accessibility Consultant, you will:
- Provide advice and training to improve capability in our delivery teams in the creation of accessible and inclusive digital services.
- Contribute to coordinating and monitoring accessibility compliance for public facing digital services, forms, guidance and documents.
- Raise the team profile and promote accessibility and inclusion across HMRC.
- Manage and develop a microservice which hosts HMRC’s accessibility statements.
- Contribute to HMRC and cross government accessibility communities.
- Support vital assurance activities such as Government Service Standard assessments with regards to accessibility and digital inclusion.
- Apply agile and lean methods, user-centricity and awareness of the Government Service Standard to your work and the advice which you provide.
- Manage and nurture relationships with all stakeholders and act as a key contact in developing crucial partnerships.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
You will bring a demonstrable knowledge of and interest in accessible digital design and:
- You will be a confident and dynamic communicator with the personal impact to thrive in a user-centric environment, able to listen to the needs of stakeholders and interpret & explain complex information.
- Adopt a pragmatic and confident approach when dealing with a range of audiences and senior stakeholders.
- Be well-versed in making impactful decisions where all variables and aims are considered.
- You are a self-starter experienced in supporting and leading complex projects and tasks.
- Knowledge of the Public Sector Bodies Accessibility Regulations 2018 and the Equality Act 2010.
- Have knowledge of how digital services are built and how accessibility and inclusion play a part at each stage of delivery.
- Experienced in the ways people who are digitally excluded or have access requirements, need to use services and what helps or hinders this.
- Be experienced in promoting and applying accessibility standards and other good practice guidance for inclusive digital services.
- You will be an expert in helping digital teams to build services that meet the needs of users who are digitally excluded or have access needs.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of Power BI and Github
- Experience of working in government or large organisations
- Knowledge of Digital Inclusion
- Experience of working in an agile scrum team
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%
Company: HM Revenue Customs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A