This work as a career listing is about Omnipresent in Torre Annunziata, Campania, Italy 2022 exclusively on jobsrytr.com
Who we are
Remote work is one of the great equalizers of our time, allowing people to secure employment opportunities from companies around the world, no matter where they were born or where they live. Omnipresent does just that.
We are a customer-focused global employment services partner that can help companies grow their teams in 155 countries and territories around the world. How do we do that? Well, through our SaaS platform, OmniPlatform. We help companies (big or small) deal with the complexities involved with hiring global teams remotely, by managing employee onboarding through to offboarding, including legal and compliance, payroll, expenses, and health and benefits.
We also practice what we preach! We are a fully remote company which means we have no head office. Our team of more than 300 people is located in more than 45 countries and territories around the world. This means you can work from anywhere. We provide benefits and support in any global location just as we would for our clients and their remote teams. Our company has a flat structure which means accountability and taking initiative towards your everyday tasks that help further our ambitious company goals.
At a time when remote work is exploding, we’re growing our team to help make global remote work a reality for people everywhere.
Read More About Life At Omnipresent Here
With so many companies transitioning to remote work, what we offer is more relevant than ever, and we are growing fast! We need an experienced Senior Employment Counsel – EMEA who can work with our client base in EMEA.
Omnipresent is ramping up operations globally, including hiring a senior employment lawyer to help manage our global operations and expanding the legal team more broadly so there couldn’t be a more exciting time to join us.
You will have expertise in employment law, including managing cross-border employment issues but will have the aptitude and desire to take ownership of a far broader range of work.
Remote work is one of the great equalisers of our time, allowing people to secure employment opportunities from companies around the world, no matter where they were born or where they live. Yet, at a time when remote work is exploding, most companies are finding it too complex, costly and time consuming to employ workers internationally. At Omnipresent, we’re cutting this complexity and providing our clients, and their remote workers, with a simplified, cost effective and legally compliant employment experience. With a network of legal entities across the world, coupled with an automation-focused tech platform, we’re building the premier global employment-as-a-service offering on the market.
We’re searching for a Senior Employment Counsel – EMEA with a strong operational mindset and an ability to resolve a wide range of complex matters across 150 jurisdictions, independently and by engaging local counsel.
- Advise our Sales and Customer Success teams on a wide range of employment law queries
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of employment documents
- Horizon-scanning, especially for notable regulatory developments in Employment law
- Obtain appropriate jurisdictionally-specific legal advice and manage external counsel where necessary
- Advise on our internal ESOP and benefits plans from a legal perspective
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts, including service agreements
- Solve unforeseeable issues, legal or otherwise, as they arise
You’ve done some of these things…
- Have 4-8 PQE total, and consistently punch above your weight
- Have completed your training at a highly-regarded law firm advising clients both domestically and internationally
- 3-6+ years PQE working specifically in your firm’s employment department
- In-house or startups experience an advantage but not essential
- Additional languages an advantage but not essential
- Experience managing a team is a strong advantage
- Experience in the Employer of Record industry is a strong advantage
- An interest in technology, automation and innovation
You are the sort of person that…
- Has exceptional understanding of employment law in your own jurisdiction and beyond
- Has experience working cross-border and on international employment law matters
- Is comfortable working with teams of international local counsel to obtain accurate legal data
- Has excellent legal and commercial acumen
- Is happy working outside your comfort zone
- Has excellent business sense and a pragmatic approach
- Is more of a “client lawyer” than a “technical lawyer”
- Brings your whole authentic self to wor
What’s in it for you?
- Shared ownership: Being a part of our journey means you’ll own a piece of Omnipresent.
- Annual vacation entitlement: 33 days including local holidays.
- Company retreats: We have an annual company-wide retreats, and well as socials and other team building activities.
- Flexible working: Work from anywhere in the world! We don’t care where or when you work, as long as the job gets done. We are genuinely as flexible as the work allows.
- Development: Training, coaching, and an environment that promotes career ambition and progression.
- Work environment: Whilst we are fully remote, we offer all employees access to co-working spaces wherever they live in a flexible manner so that you use what you need.
- Parental leave: For employees that have been with us for 12 months, we offer 13 weeks full pay and 13 weeks half pay for primary caregivers. We also offer enhanced leave for secondary caregivers, of 4 weeks at full pay and an additional 4 weeks of unpaid leave.
- Wellbeing: Mental health and wellbeing support and services through Plumm
- Home office setup: It should go without saying that we will provide you with the equipment you need to work from home in the same way you would if you were in an office. Prefer a PC to a Mac? No problem. You choose what you need. We’ll give you a budget to get all the infrastructure that enables you to work effectively wherever you are, including broadband costs.
- Education budget: Your development should be a continuous conversation with your manager and they will support you in choosing what you need whether that’s accreditations, workshops, or formal degree programs or courses. Important is that you update your Individual Development Plan with any kind of education you take, so that you make sure that you apply the knowledge you have gained in theory, and the learned information will stay with you long term.
We believe remote working is a great equalizer and we practice what we preach. Inclusivity is fundamental to our mission and we are committed to conscious inclusion. We believe in the potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Torre Annunziata, Campania, Italy
Application Deadline: N/A