Website Hyve Mobile
This Job Listing is about Hyve Mobile in Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa 2022
About the job
We are looking for a Senior PHP engineer with at least 3 years of experience to join our Core team and start as soon as possible.
- Opportunity to work in a high transactional environment with high availability and low tolerance for down-time.
- Opportunity to work with various API’s (SOAP, REST) and protocols (HTTP, SMPP).
- Opportunity to work with and improve CI/CD pipelines for applications.
- Implementing API integrations with new Mobile networks or partners.
- Exposure to highly skilled team members to fast track upskilling in various areas.
- Designing and building new features in existing applications or new services.
- Conduct maintenance, refactoring, bug fixes or respond to firing alerts in existing applications.
- Expert knowledge of PHP.
- Be familiar with Docker, MySQL, Microservice Environments.
- Advantageous, but not required: K8s, SOAP, and SMPP.
The ideal candidate
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about their work and growing their skills.
Some key attributes that we look for:
- Good communication.
- Able to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Passionate about best practices.
- Time management.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Attention to detail.
Hyve Mobile is a SaaS (Software as a Service) company based in Cape Town, South Africa. We are primarily focused in the Mobile & Telecommunications sector.
Our world-class Service Delivery Platform (SDP) has been deployed by many of the world’s leading network operators, allowing them to develop, manage, and grow digital service offerings on their networks.
Hyve SDP integrates with core network systems and provides a single platform for digital service providers to accept direct carrier payments for their products, communicate over network channels, and gain insight into service performance with our advanced reporting framework.
Network operators are able to configure and launch new digital services in record time through the SDP’s integrated management dashboard. Customer support is also greatly streamlined through integrated tools and reports.
Our SDP has been built from the ground up to track and analyse billions of transactions to deliver greater insight into customer behaviour and optimise service flows for maximum uptake.
Our digital experts also source and manage a variety of premium digital services, backed by a team of digital marketing experts that manage multi-channel marketing campaigns at scale, delivering unparalleled returns on digital ad spend.
The culture at Hyve
In life, people spend a lot of time working. The work environment should feel like a second home and the team you work with becomes a second family. We care for and support each other no matter what. We work hard and we play hard, together. Everyone in the team plays their own unique role in contributing and shaping our culture. All Hyve team members are given the support and leadership they need to grow and thrive.
- Flexible hours: Not an early riser? Set the hours that work for you.
- Monthly company events & socials: Good food, drink, company and conversation
- No dress code: We are very casual. Work in your pajamas if you like!
- Leave: 20 days annual leave, plus a day of birthday leave!
- Rewarding loyalty: Each year you’ll receive a personally curated gift on your work anniversary
- Flexible environment: Work remotely, work in the office to enjoy the popcorn machine, table tennis and after-work festivities! It’s up to you
- There’s no such thing as a free lunch… But there is free breakfast at the office! Plus a hot breakfast once a month with your team.
Our hiring process
It’s quite a casual process. Once we’ve received your CV and decided to swipe right, we’ll arrange an interview where we’ll get to know each other and see whether or not we can do some amazing work together. Considering the times that we are now living in and the possibility that you may be in a far away city, interviews will most likely take place online. We may ask you to record some responses to some interview questions. For engineering roles we sometimes will do a short skills test. Don’t fret, we won’t waste your time with a massive project to showcase your skills, just merely test your competency in some key areas that apply to your role. If we both feel that we are a good match then we will make an offer and you’re in.
If this sounds just like you then feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
We hope to hear from you soon!
Company: Hyve Mobile
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A