This Job Listing is about Meggitt in Irvine, CA 2022
About the job
**Relocation assistance available**
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do at Meggitt, a worldwide leader in aerospace, defense and selected energy markets. We believe in our vision of ‘Enabling the Extraordinary: To Fly, To Power, To Live”. These core values – teamwork, integrity and excellence – are what have allowed us to become the company we are today. With facilities and over 9,000 employees worldwide, Meggitt draws on over 160 years of expertise to enhance the lives of people across the globe.
Our Engine Systems division brings together a range of abilities to support aero-engine manufacturers including Pratt & Whitney, General Electric, Safran and Rolls Royce.
At Meggitt, we have spearheaded pioneering applied research and technology programs to develop next generation turbofan cooling. We create thermal management components which operate reliably in extremes of temperature, pressure and vibration on the engines and airframes of leading military and commercial rotary and fixed wing aircraft.
Together, our Engine Systems division is helping to create the engines of the future.
The Sr. Program Manager directs the overall activities of assigned programs throughout their lifecycle as required to meet cost, schedule and performance constraints of the contract in accordance with the latest Program Lifecycle Management (PLM) process. Directs resources to support marketing proposals and new program introduction with a focus on delivering products that meet requirements on schedule at quality and within budget. Provides program management for products in after-market and provides quick resolution of in-service problems. Overall objectives are to meet or exceed our Customer’s expectations in terms of program quality, cost and delivery.
Job Core Responsibilities
· Supports marketing new business activities by providing the program management section of proposals. After contract award, coordinates and works with marketing to develop plans and set strategy for achieving follow-on business.
· Acts as the company representative and prime customer contact for all assigned programs. All customer questions or problems concerning assigned programs are resolved by the incumbent or directed to the proper area for resolution. By developing customer confidence in Meggitt products and services, additional business opportunities are explored through coordination with the Marketing representative.
· Identifies and secures program team members in agreement with Division and Functional Heads. Due to the matrix management type organization structure for programs, the position does not have direct line responsibility for employees. The incumbent directs and coordinates the efforts of all employees assigned to the program team.
· Responsible for all facets of assigned programs working within objectives, goals and funding requirements established by management. Incumbent produces and manages the Program Management Plan, ensuring all aspects of the program, including Technical, Commercial and Supply Chain activities are integrated into a Master Program Schedule. A detailed breakdown of work to be accomplished is prepared and specific tasks are assigned to various functional organizations.
· Maintains a risk management system where risks and issues are identified, prioritized and mitigation plans and recovery strategies are defined and actioned.
· Allocates and controls funds and prepares reports to monitor actual verses budgeted costs. Progress on program status and performance is constantly monitored through review meetings, reports and presentations to management and customers. When necessary the incumbent may lead a team to negotiate changes in the contractual agreement due to changes in specifications, schedules, or any other element of the agreement.
· Participates in the resolution of technical and commercial in-service issues, especially with regards to Customer Interaction and relationship.
· Carries out special duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor degree required, preferably in Engineering or other technical field; post-graduate degree (MBA) is desirable.
Years’ Experience: 10+ years of program management experience, preferably in aerospace or defense industry
· The position is both administrative and technical in nature. The incumbent must possess a strong technical background to understand and evaluate the technical specifications, requirements and capabilities associated with the program.
· Experience in project engineering, manufacturing and scheduling is desirable.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple activities and projects
· Effective motivator and communicator
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong PC skills, including MS Project and SAP
· Ability to travel
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylum, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Irvine, CA
Application Deadline: N/A