This Job Listing is about Everlytic in City of Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa 2022
About the job
Everlytic continues to grow as one of South Africa’s leading technology companies. We have doubled the business in the last three years and we are expanding internationally. We are looking for 4 rock star senior software engineers to join our high performance team.
You would join a team of highly competent peers in a learning-sharing environment, working under one of the best developer managers in the SA SaaS industry. Everyone at Everlytic works hard and treats each other with kindness and respect.
We pay well, treat our people fairly and reasonably, and care about our team’s well-being.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, multi-tasker, and demonstrated team-player. You will be part of an incredible team responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development process, from the initial specification, through to developing, testing, and deployment.
You should excel in working with large-scale applications and frameworks and have outstanding communication skills.
- Writing clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code that is testable and reusable
- Develop and support software including applications, database integration, interfaces, and new functionality enhancements
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing, as well as automated unit tests
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Contribute in all phases of an agile development life cycle
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Follow industry best practices
Knowledge and experience required
- The LAMP stack
- Good understanding of the Vagrant and Docker environments
- Knowledge on advanced programming, clean code and design patterns
- Good understanding of security issues on the web
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks such as Laravel and Symfony
- Firm grasp of object orientated programming and design
- Understanding of Test Driven Development and automated testing
- Experience using version control tools such as Git and GitHub
- Strong knowledge of web application exploits and their solutions
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
- Preferably a formal qualification in Computer Science (or related field)
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in any well-known software environment
- If you don’t have the formal qualification but you can prove you have been successful in a similar role, we’ll have a look
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: City of Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A