This Job Listing is about NOV in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa 2022
About the job
Maintain and continuously develop South African service mechanical operations as a reliable, skilled group, capable of contributing independently to our Aftermarket organization, through the ability to satisfy regional customer demand, while maintaining financial performance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead mechanical service team in supporting our regional customer base within Sub-Sahara Africa.
- Provide regional strategic planning, including the vision and objectives of the department, with the aim of strengthening NOV aftermarket services in Sub-Sahara-Africa.
- Improve customer satisfaction – Increase customer focus
- Control, analyses and report financial projections, progress, and operational margins for the mechanical service department, while participating in analysis of wider operational financial performance of the Region.
- Ensure capacity and capability of available resources are in alignment with projected customer demand.
- Development of mechanical service department personnel in line with regional strategies, including creation of tiered succession planning.
- Development and implementation of Service department processes in alignment with Aftermarket Service standards and business requirements.
- Collaborate with other regional leaders to formulate business development objectives.
- Evaluate competitive markets and develop new business opportunities with key customers.
- Maintaining regular dialogue with your management, informing and advising on both plus and minus factors impacting on the business. In effect applying a “no surprise” approach to communication.
- Tertiary qualification in the Engineering Field, mechanical technical qualification or relevant experience.
- Additional Business Management qualifications or experience beneficial
- Approximately 5 years Junior to middle management experience.
- Experience within the Oil & Gas industry is beneficial for this position.
- Working knowledge of service of NOV Rig Equipment product lines
- Exposure to and an understanding of mechanical and automation disciplines is required.
Skills And Competencies
- Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of engineering drawing access systems and reading technical drawings.
- Working knowledge of ERP Systems
- Ability to manage and develop personnel, and create an effective team environment
- Ability to effectively liaise with customers
- Good leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, through all levels in the organisation
- Ability to act and operate independently
- Good understanding of Project Management, and its role in the organization.
Every day, the oil and gas industry’s best minds put more than 150 years of experience to work to help our customers achieve lasting success.
We Power the Industry that Powers the World
Throughout every region in the world and across every area of drilling and production, our family of companies has provided the technical expertise, advanced equipment, and operational support necessary for success—now and in the future.
We are a global family of thousands of individuals, working as one team to create a lasting impact for ourselves, our customers, and the communities where we live and work.
Through purposeful business innovation, product creation, and service delivery, we are driven to power the industry that powers the world better.
Service Above All
This drives us to anticipate our customers’ needs and work with them to deliver the finest products and services on time and on budget.
At NOV Rig Technologies, we are harnessing the strength of knowledge and innovation that is revolutionizing the future of energy. We build on what works, using our deep expertise to help minimize risk, increase uptime, and improve performance in drilling operations around the globe.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A