This Job Listing is about Ecolab in Bloemfontein, Free State, South Africa 2022
About the job
Join Ecolab’s team as Enterprise Excellence Black Belt in Bloemfontein, South Africa and help make the world cleaner, safer and healthier. We’re growing and need talented people like you to help us continue to protect the world’s most vital resources.
In this role, you will be responsible to lead and execute short to long-term projects, with the mission to support the businessegion/function through the use of Enterprise Excellence tools and expertise to drive business growth. These projects address critical business functions with the goal to improve the related process and enable growth. The Black Belt will identify options & gain approval for best alternatives from the Project Sponsor, Deployment Leader & support from managers engaged in project implementation.
See why Food Processing Magazine honored Ecolab Pest Elimination as The Top Pest Management Company!
Ecolab is seeking a Pest Service Specialist to join its industry leading Pest Elimination team. In this position, you will provide timely and cost effective pest detection, elimination and prevention solutions to an established route of commercial customers. You’ll provide brand protection to your around-the-clock customers including commercial businesses such as restaurants, hotels, hospitals, nursing homes, schools, retail stores, and food and beverage processing plants. Make your service and sales expertise work for you with Ecolab Pest Elimination.
What’s In It For You
- Enjoy a paid training program allowing you to learn from successful professionals
- Receive a company service vehicle for business use
- Opportunity for a long term, advanced career path in service, sales, or management
- Flexible, independent work environment where you will manage a monthly schedule
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Grow your income as you drive growth
- Thrive in a company that values a culture of safety to include top-notch safety training and personal protection equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
What You Will Do
- Establish effective working relationships with a variety of customers and partner with them on best practices to identify and solve pest problems.
- Keep abreast of Ecolab’s product/service offerings and industry conditions, to enhance service and sales of pest prevention/elimination solutions.
- Use handheld computerized equipment to manage service and document structural, sanitation and pest issues.
- Deliver a quality inspection and treatment service to exceed customer expectation and specification.
- Provide customers with written evidence of service delivered and advice for maintaining pest free conditions.
- Apply pesticides in accordance with label recommendations and comply with relevant legislation.
- Plan work routes efficiently and productively and achieve 100% state of service.
- Accurately submit reports and other related paperwork as required at specified time intervals.
- Candidate must reside in Bloemfontein
- Route territory will include Bloemfontein
- Work week and shift: DETAILS (including weekend rotation, if applicable)
- Compensation package offered: DETAILS
- High School Qualifications or GED
- Must be able to work a night shift or weekends
- Willingness to be on-call during off work hours and weekends as necessary
- Must be able to access and be comfortable with working in a variety of conditions to include confined spaces damp and/or dusty locations, cold and warm conditions.
- A valid driver’s license with an acceptable motor vehicle record (where applicable)
- Must have the ability Lift/Push/Pull/Carry up to 70 pounds chest high.
- Must be able to access and be comfortable with working in a variety of conditions to include confined spaces damp and/or dusty locations, freezing conditions and hot conditions.
- Must be able to physically perform the essential duties of the position which include lifting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, use hands to finger, balancing, walking, standing, talk and hear.
- Must be capable of wearing a respirator
- Possess required pest certification and/or business licensing pursuant to country or state/local law: INSERT CERTIFICATION NAME(S)
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam (where applicable by law)
- Previous customer service experience
- Ability to sell value-added products to existing customers
- Previous pest elimination industry or route experience preferred
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload with limited supervision, field work experience
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Bloemfontein, Free State, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A