Website Absa Group
This Job Listing is about Absa Group in Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa 2022
About the job
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
Work as part of a DevOps team, leverage specialist analysis & testing tools, frameworks, techniques and practices to elicit, define and organize business requirements. Translate & document business requirements into user stories & specifications (Full Stack, Cross System) detailing integration points, business & associated risk / opportunities to be realised. And following this analysis, work collaboratively within squads during design & delivery activity including assuming responsibility for manual application testing processes, frameworks & outcomes
Analysis (including Business Case)
- Proactively build relationships, apply analytical techniques to elicit and validate business (product & service) needs ahead of demand
- Implement routines to get to know / become an expert in various business processes (e.g. spend time in business & with users)
- Translate elicited needs and knowledge acquired into user story format that is immediately usable for DevOps teams (right languaging, format for building & testing)
- Prepare and prioritise the backlog of requirements for the user stories linked to the proposed solutions
- Work collaboratively with Tribe Leads (Technical Product / Service Owners) to build a roadmap & vision for the products and services (including detailed analysis requirements & solution scope)
- Define measures of success & key outcomes for various solutions / changes including detailed acceptance criteria for all features
- Define testing requirements (pass or fail test cases)
- Support the development of detailed business cases (including defining solution characteristics, effort estimations etc.)
Solution Design (within DevOps Context)
- Translate business requirements into detailed systems requirements. Detailed system requirements must include all capabilities, interfaces and functionalities within and across technologies.
- Build detailed user stories to be leveraged for system requirements design (modular)
- Leverage business analysis & modeling tools and apply notation standards such as UML/BPMN to diagrammatically/visually document: business requirements, business processes, system processes & integration .
- Facilitate processes to ensure integrated requirements are socialized, understood & approved across the broad range of stakeholders to be impacted (this includes various processes e.g. risk / governance forums, change council, scrum meetings / DevOps team capability building, solution design sessions etc.)
- Understand & leverage knowledge on the organisations technical landscape, environment and broader architecture to define integration points across tech stacks for various requirements
- Work collaboratively with project / program teams, squads, scrum masters and engineers to define backlog, release & DevOps / project planning implications of the requirements development & roadmap (what should happen when)
- Continuously improve system requirements mapping (e.g. leverage input from questions asked etc. to consistently improve the quality of the requirements analysis for easier interpretation by the development teams)
- Work as part of the embedded DevOps team throughout the design process to review solution design (features and functionality)
- Facilitate resolution during development & testing phases for any change requirements
Solution Delivery & Testing (manual)
- Define the manual testing strategy & test cases for various solutions (where it makes sense to do so)
- Define & validate quality & testing parameters (+/-) & plans for the solution (socialize & translate these to automation testing teams)
- Develop manual testing frameworks and patterns for the solution
- Lead the manual testing process for various solutions (e.g. execute test cases, analyse results)
- Provide real time feedback to the DevOps teams on change requirements identified throughout the testing process
- Review & monitor system stability, resilience etc. throughout the testing process (e.g. integration) & in production
- Define & monitor overall backlog planning for effective solution delivery
- Provide Developer & User support during user acceptance testing
- Provide coaching & mentoring across the DevOps team as well as to developing analysts across the estate
- Conduct peer reviews & problem solving within and across the broader team
Education And Experience Required
- 6-8 years business & systems analysis experience
- 6-8 years Experience in working with multidisciplinary teams
- Experience in Agile Methodology & working embedded within an Agile team / teams
- Degree or Diploma in computer science, commerce or business administration
- Information Systems Analyst certification from Institute for the Certification of Computing Professionals, expert level.
- 6-8 years coaching & mentoring experience
- Banking domain experience, preferred.
- Expertise in Systems Design & Integration
- Testing Certification (preferred)
- Expertise in Development
- Expertise in Business Continuity Management & Disaster Recovery
- Expertise in Governance, Compliance & Audit
- Expertise in Quality Assurance & Testing.
- Expertise in Systems & integration design
Bachelor’s Degree: Information Technology
Absa Bank Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In compliance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile and add to the diversity of the Bank.
Absa Bank Limited reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised
Company: Absa Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A